Motor City Riot + Detroit Moped Works Raffle Fundraiser

One of our members, Daniel Schulz, suffered a serious moped accident in December and is now on the long road to recovery. To help him with his expenses and medical bills MCR and Detroit Moped Works (http://www.detroitmopedworks.com) will be conducting a raffle where the winner will be able to take his or her pick from one of the following prizes.

1. A gorgeous Malaguti Commuter;

2. A variated Peugeot 103; or

3. A $600 certificate to DMW that can be used for a stock moped (depending on supply) or a $600 credit towards the purchase of any upgraded moped!

The drawing will be held on the Saturday night of Motor City Riot's 2nd annual "Get Your Shit Running" event. You do not have to be present to win, but must arrange for transportation if you are not. Tickets are $10 a piece. Advance online ticket sales and more information on the raffle can be found below. You can also purchase tickets in-person and at the event.

Ticket Sales: http://motorcityriot.com/fundraiser

Facebook Event for GYSR II: https://www.facebook.com/events/891788300845046

Detroit Moped Works: http://www.detroitmopedworks.com

Thanks for your consideration!!

gysr.jpg

Your choice of bikes:

dmw1.jpg
dmw.jpg

Re: Motor City Riot + Detroit Moped Works Raffle Fundraiser

Garodney Gentzel Motor City Riots /

Bump for Daniel, He rode over 12,000 miles over the last year back and forth to work 22 miles one direction ..... rain, snow, he didn't care~ He rode across MI to a few rally's and rides over 150 miles on his moped... VERY HARD CORE

Facebook link isnt working. Cab i get he deats on this event?

Bring my bike? Leave it at home?

Sounds like a good cause.

Garodney Gentzel Motor City Riots /

The Motor City Riot is pleased to announce its Second Annual Get Your Shit Running for Spring event. From Friday, February 27 to Sunday, March 1, MCR will open its shop to help fix and/or upgrade your mopeds. Whether you are a noob or a pro, bring your projects down to the Shop, and we will help you get that shit running or get that shit running faster.

To help us help you, please post below a pic and/or description of what you are looking to do with your moped. If you need parts for repair or upgrade, Detroit Moped Works will be around before the event, and all weekend, and will have many parts available for purchase. However, it is a good idea to post below what you are looking to do so we can direct you to what parts you need in advance.

Please feel free to send along this invite to any of your friends who may need help getting their mopeds running!

AND RAFFLE! As many of you know, one of our members suffered a serious moped accident a few months ago and is fortunately now on the long road to recovery. To help him with his expenses and medical bills, MCR and DMW will be conducting a raffle where the winner will be able to take his or her pick from one of the following prizes.

1. A gorgeous Malaguti Commuter;

2. A variated Peugeot 103; or

3. A $600 certificate to DMW that can be used for a stock moped (depending on supply) or a $600 credit towards the purchase of any upgraded moped!

Pictures of the raffle bikes will be posted below.

The drawing will be held on the Saturday night of the event. You do not have to be present to win, but must arrange for transportation if you are not. Tickets are $10 a piece. Advance online ticket sales and more info on the raffle can be found here:

Yeah, I need to build some kind of box to contain oil to keep the bearings cool on the jack shaft. I'm thinking some elliptical coil the wraps around the middle of the shaft to keep the coolant moving. I should prolly seal the inside so it don't seep. I need some kind of small filler neck and cap. The whole thing needs drilled and bolted to the frame and I would like easy access to adjusting it or taking it off. It's on a 14mm shaft. I don't think it needs seals or filled up very much to cool a couple bearings.

image.jpg

Then I need u to tighten up the slide. The nylon and steel material is all there and cut. I just didn't get it finished.

You need to be friend with someone who is going to view it I think. Look Me up https://www.facebook.com/alexander.samul and when I see your friend request, I'll give you an event invite.

You can bring your bike for wrenching. If there is no snow on the ground; we will likely take a short ride.

Hope to see you there.

trev jet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Facebook link isnt working. Cab i get he deats on

> this event?

>

> Bring my bike? Leave it at home?

>

> Sounds like a good cause.

Here is the trophy for the Get Your Shit Running event. The winner will be someone who is considered the "Weekend Warrior" of the weekend.

Oh yeah.. buy tickets for Daniel! Thanks for everyone who has contributed thus far. Buy them here: http://www.motorcityriot.com/fundraiser

trophy.jpg

Buy some tickets and win a moped for a super rad dude

Yyyyyyrrrrr

Bump! Come out to Detroit and hang out -- bring a project, or help someone else out with his or hers! And buy some raffle tickets! You don't have to be present to win, but you will have to arrange for eventual transportation from Detroit to your location.

The guy who sold me this told me all it need was spark plug. Such a deal!

2014-09-0915.34.57.jpg

We have contributions over $1k already. Keep them coming! Thank for for everyone who has contributed so far. Tickets will be sold at the event as well!

Bump because this is going to be awesome!

For anyone who didn't come last year, it was a weekend-long party. Wrench in one hand, bottle in the other. It's like a lazertag lock-in but with mopeds.

Plus, look at them raffle options. Don't you want to put a ring on that gutti?

I hope it goes good. I got it fixed up Samul, thanks anyway.

It's gonna go awesome.

YOUR SHITS WEAK BUMP !

Its actually "you're shit's weak"

I do not condone the artist's choice in bad grammar.

Good cause, great party.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account