Re: A Year in Review, builds, innovations, heartbreaks & rallies

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who could forget that Nutty guy trying to

> infiltrate the the ranks of the two-stroke scene

> with E China garbage.

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3624450

> ,3624538#msg-3624538

Just finished reading all this... lol da fuq? How did I miss this? Full time school plus full time work plus being a dad to a toll on my MA presence for a while.

I tried to meet up with da a few times. Then once I went to Vancouver wa where he lives to go buy legal weed and saw his ebikes. I knocked on his door but he didn't answer :(

It's not a specific event or thing so it's hard to quantify but for me, 2014 was the year the south exploded and crushed it. The swoops, buzzards, mono, qcb and about twenty gangs from richmond all made a big mark this year and it just felt like the south was the place to be.

the south is ALWAYS the place to be...

biggest and best events for me this year was the pinball (duh), the first qcb rally crushed it! got to ride from sc to Charlotte again which was much better on my pinball bike vs. my cobra and the mono rally was pretty awesome too. even though i think we were technically the winners of the scavenger hunt according to the rules and the instagram posts but its in the past now...

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

If I may?, remind you of the e-bike selling preacher from Vancouver,WA. David Knudston, aka ecompeds who relentlessly bombarded us with his definition of "Moped". I think I'm gonna hurl,

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3620468,page=1

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Overpriced Parts /

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If I may?, remind you of the e-bike selling

> preacher from Vancouver,WA. David Knudston, aka

> ecompeds who relentlessly bombarded us with his

> definition of "Moped". I think I'm gonna hurl,

>

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3620468

> ,page=1

Really no kiddin ?

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

More Pinball stats:

Surprise as a tomos won the Adventures of Tomos Sawyer. Los Angeles stating the obvious with the win! still can't believe i didn't take a tomos revival. after tomos finishing second last year, and an e50 first: the 50cc tomos a35/55 and puch 70cc e50 are tied for the engines to beat! such reliability!

not only did denver hit 74mph on 70cc the first day, they set a new record for 280 miles covered on a moped that day in 7h:19m. just awesome. their pinball build and performance is definitely one in the books for 2014

last to finish was a total of 36h:07m road time behind the lead, but mostly because they stopped to help everyone who was broken down and make sure nobody struggling DNF'd. buzzards showing unwavering true moped grit! also Charlie with one of the most awesome highway cruiser builds i've ever seen!

14 of 19 mopeds finished the run, being an average of 74% or roughly 3/4 bikes that started finished the run. while being a shorter run from last year (where 33% finished), i think the buzzards might have had a big part with helping out the total. there was also a great amount of determination across the board. strong effort by everyone! I know after a long day of roadside fixes Fife called it for safety after repeatedly hallucinating at 5am, on a straight road in pitch black for hours with a flashlight for a headlight and 50 miles to go. still a moped monster spending 17 hours on the road and being welcomed to the limit!

MCR did the impossible, and all finished running all ZA's! i think only 3 people thought that would happen and they were all riding ZA's! as impressive as Sabat's finish year one on a french bike? also to mention one of the vespas made it!?! it's also the first year a minarelli made the finish line as well with the creatures pulling third place; not to mention two teams finishing with the first female riders to complete a Pinball! also Joe Peg and Sami finishing anything?! chads M101 negrini broken?! lots of surprises, a huge year for firsts there!

19 moped crews represented in the event: 13 crews running, and rolling into and hanging with 6 crews hosting in their hometowns!

lead pace from year 1 to year 2 raised from 32mph to 35mph, a bit of that had to do with the entire run being flat and straight, but still an impressive pace!

the peak number of watchers watching the run live at the same time hit 800 viewers this year, doubling 2 Strokes to Paradise! peak views- plus we broke 10,000 total views this year via glympse which is insane!

this year was a blast. stoked for next year, hoping new records will be set! doing the west coast, Seattle to San Diego in Pinball Run 3: Gold Rush!

I blame Charlie and the rest of team dnf for making sure we made it. That's crazy bastard towed us by moped 4 miles down a dirt road in the middle of the night so we could rebuild our stupid motor and then still ride another 120 miles!

Can I nominate Charlie for best moped friend of the year?

> Pinball Run 3: Gold Rush!

I know what color I am painting the Jawa now.

It's been a epic year for MA... We had the largest "new branch voting" turnout ever! Also, Let's not forget that The Guns and The Tom Cruisers are now Emeritus. And the Orphan's Official Goodbye to Motorized Friendship Organization Announcement.

Sold my MB5 this year in favor of something larger, and never thought I would.

The Tomahawk Cup was most definitely epic and not to be overlooked.

2014 was a good year

Yeah it was tight, that’s the year I got my first three mopeds

They're all good years , but , some are better than others . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account