HOW TO DRAIN GAS TOMOS MOPED - WINTER STORAGE?

Can I just ride moped until gas runs out and then store for the winter? I got a storage place but they told me have to drain the gas to store it there.

Does anyone know what is best way to go about it? Please let me know, much appreciated!

Re: HOW TO DRAIN GAS TOMOS MOPED - WINTER STORAGE?

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Keep the tank full, add some fuel stabilizer and just drain the carb. Full tank prevents rust and and empty carb prevents clogged jets.

Remove fuel line from carb inlet, place end of fuel line in gas can, open gas cap on tank, turn petcock on, drain gas.

You can try to tell the place that with the fuel petcock closed, it'll be just like it was in a tight container...

But I get your situation. My storage place also insists that I drain the tank, which I do by disconnecting the fuel line before the carburetor, and then draining it into a metal fuel container.

I then put some silica crystal packets (you can also get them in cat litter format) into a sock, and suspended that on a string from a stick to keep the tank dry over the winter.

But yes, full tank + stabiliser is the best option.

spray down wd40 after emptying

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

oops sorry I need to read better, didn't see that you HAVE to drain the tank.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

river2strokes unOHfficials Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> spray down wd40 after emptying

I have never left a tank empty over winter but this would be my suggestion as well. I might flush it with isopropyl alcohol first. Then let it evaporate/dry. then give it a healthy does of wd40. Then in spring rinse with a little gas and ride away. Both isoproply alcohol and wd40 wont hurt anything and will either lube or ignite when mixed with gas (if any remains after rinse)

^ is you f'real?

i just ridein winter.

If the storage place is indoors and the temperature is fairly constant in a 24 hour period an empty tank is fine but yea give it the WD40.

THANKS!

True, but thanks for advise, will do!

Just ride in the winter

(edited)

PugSunnyDay.jpg

just take off petcock and have gas can ready it will all drain out fast

They have fogging oils that might work for keeping the inside of the tank rust free.

not riding in winter is lame. if i had to quit riding my moped all winter, i would throw it in the trash every fall and just buy a brand new one every spring. cuz whatever, right? fuck that!

.....turn the petcock off while it's running. this will (mostly) drain the carb.....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account