Are there any riders out there that also enjoy programming?

I have some ideas for moped related applications. Wait! Keep reading! I'm not just some stupid idea guy who thinks their tired idea is worth 99% of the credit. I'm a programmer too, for nearly 20 years now. I am looking for partners. Real partners. Credit divided perfectly evenly. Unless someone just wants to help, but not be totally involved or we farm out some little stuff.

So, a bit about me:

I've been programming for almost 20 years now. No, I'm not insanely old. I taught myself when I was 12. I've had almost every computer related job out there. I've loved programming as a hobby since 12. I've been doing it professionally since I was 18. I always have at least 3 personal projects going on, usually more. I currently work as a consultant, from home, at the hours of my choosing, as much or as little as I want. I have a virtual private server that is very scalable, several computers, and I have many years of system engineer experience, so I can setup any hardware or software needed.

So why do I need you?

Well, when working alone, I tend to skip around on different projects. I may stay up for days working on one thing, but eventually, I burn out or think of another idea I want to work on. I end up shelving a project for months before coming back to it. When I'm working with people, I have found that as long as one of us is motivated, I can feed off that and stay focussed.

Also, I think most projects end up better when multiple people put in their 2 cents. I may think one thing is totally cool and you may think another aspect is much more crucial. It doesn't matter who is right because usually with me everyone is right. I'm not paranoid that everyone is going to steal my ideas and I like to think that I am quite agreeable. Plus, I am good at almost anything on a computer, but I am not that great at design. I think I've gotten decent at usability, but the artistic design, eye candy type stuff just ain't my bag.

The idea:

I don't want to put it all out there so someone else can just copy it. Basically, I have some ideas for an app suite. A mobile app that collects data. A desktop app that makes sense of it and makes it more visual, and a web app that takes multiple user data to combine it abd use it in a bunch off awesome ways. I have checked the app store and Google play. There isn't anything out there that would compete with us. Sure, a few apps that use small features that I am thinking of, but nothing that even comes close to what I have in mind.

If you are interested, please contact me privately for the details of my ideas. I would bet that once you see where I'm going you will have a ton off other awesome ways to make the idea even better. It doesn't matter to me what languages you use. I think that if you like programming, then learning a new language isn't a big deal. If you aren't sure, respond in this thread and I'll contact you if I think the ideas are something you would like or could contribute to. Artists too! We will need you. If an app doesn't look cool, many people won't give it a chance. Thanks for reading this far!

Re: Are there any riders out there that also enjoy programming?

Also a programmer. I've got my own personal project in the works, but I thought I'd say hi :)

simon thokaar /

I was like 20 years ago... need some code in cobol or pascal? I know my way around a C shell and its scripting too... none of that fancy cpp shit tho

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

This sounds like my kinda thread.

Julie the Wizard /

I'm a professional programmer. I'm at work as I type this. You know. Programming.

HACK THE PLANET

I got this idea for like Facebook but better. Can you make it for me Andy?

Dirty30 Dillon /

itsjustskin.gov

Julie the Wizard /

Mars, come over to my house, if we both type on the same keyboard at the same time, we'll program three times as fast.

How about we write every other line of code. You get odds, I get evens. It should work.

Julie the Wizard /

I like where this is going. but no pants. pants are disallowed. programming in pants is pretty much satan.

unless they're /satin/ pants.

we'll make the next big reddit. But it won't be reddit. it'll be like facebook, except better.

hey and I have another idea for a website

it could be a website that's just entirely black and people can go to it to use it as a screensaver.

we'll call it marsscreensaver.com.

Julie the Wizard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm a professional programmer. I'm at work as I

> type this. You know. Programming.

>

> http://unitedmonkee.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/ha

> ckers.jpg

>

> HACK THE PLANET

THIS ISN'T WOODSHOP!!

anhegina jolly?

I've really only fux with JavaScript and PERL but thats been ages. I wrote a program in Visual Basic īn high school... lol

Mars™   Wrote:

> I got this idea for like Facebook but better. Can

> you make it for me Andy?

I'd love to. When am I getting paid? Actually I don't care, I do it for the love.

I can use commodore BASIC , if that is any help

𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑎-𝐿𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑟 𝑀𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑠 🦖 /

I had some friends that programmed. (*had)

We all know that "also enjoy programming"

fallout Survivor /

is code for gay sex , on the down low.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Like ELLO but for mopeds.

I'm a mobile UI designer by trade, both iOS & android. I would love to put my skills towards an app I care about as opposed to some corporate nonsense.

SDET here, if you need some testing done lemme know.

𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑎-𝐿𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑟 𝑀𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑠 🦖 /

Anna B Wrote:

> I'm a mobile UI designer by trade, both iOS &

> android. I would love to put my skills towards an

> app I care about as opposed to some corporate

> nonsense.

Yes!

Dillon Ryan Wrote:

> itsjustskin.gov

^this

justtouchit.edu

Julie the Wizard /

wannafeel.gov

Dirty30 Dillon /

slowcaress.mpeg

Dillon Ryan Wrote:

> itsjustskin.gov

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Front end dev here, too many of my own projects (mostly moped) taking up spare time at the moment.

Hi to all. I went out to Battle Creek, MI for the weekend. I'm glad this thread got so many replies. I'm going through them now and will contact all who are interested.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account