Hobbit Seat Upholstery

Mitchell Delaney /

I just picked up an MLM Café seat pan, I was curious what others have done in upholstering their seat. I'm alright with a sewing machine and I understand the structure of a seat and the density of the foam I am going to need but is it something I have not had much experience with. Any sites with some good info with options would helpful. I've found some good instructional videos but I'm curious if anyone here upholsters their own seats. Thanxxxxxxxxx

Re: Hobbit Seat Upholstery

Sure, why not

Not a hobbit seat, but same difference.

different seat

or go the really easy route. This could look really good on a mlm seat pan.

Another style of foam

OH OH OH

Here is a hobbit with some more foam!

Like “Funkenet” Hosfield /

You did an excellent job on that raffle bike seat, looked even better in person. Did you ever get that hobbit figured out, btw?

I have not had a chance to touch it. I was trying to get it for a loaner bike. So now its back burner again.

Emil Kniemel /

Maize BLK Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OH OH OH

>

>

> Here is a hobbit with some more foam!

> https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZKjG_4pH2fk/TgK

> n1Hw_JxI/AAAAAAAABa0/acG7KuyrbVQ/s640/20110430-IMG

> _7931%2520katy%2520perry%2520bobber%2520bike%2520h

> onda%2520hobbit.jpg

moar info on this bike?

Mitchell Delaney /

Awesome, these are some incredible seats. Very inspiring I think I will give it a shot.

What kind are you thinking of making? I can give you pointers on any kind.

Mitchell Delaney /

awesome, i'm thinking something pretty low profile but unique looking aswell. I like the look of some piping on the seams but idk. What materials can be used that are water resistant option besides (p)leather. Also are printed patterns and option? or will they not hold up being a seat. the seat pan is sheet metal so what would be the best approach in attaching the seat to the pan?

you can get pattern vinyl at most fabric store. Things like plaid, animal print, stripes. Lots of stuff. So it up!

I would attach it using a spray adhesive. I have used 3M super 77 spray adhesive. It workes great!

they teach you how to sew like that at the academy maize?

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

What kind of foam do you use Maize?

Ive got one of the MLM seat pans that I want to make a pad for kind of like you did on that colt.

I go to an upholstery foam company and buy 1 to 2" thick and cut it down using a bread knife and a angle grinder with sanding disc.

For the colt i did not make the foam. That was Matt Decker. But it was some pretty standard seat foam. about 1.5" thick.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account