Can you temporarily fix a flat with quick repair sealant?

My tire went flat and my moped is my only form of transportation. I'm going to get a new tube, but I don't have time to wait for it and have to get to work today. The can of sealant I got says don't use it on vehicles with less than 4 wheel. I don't know why that would be a problem as I know NOTHING about tire repair, but has anyone here ever used this stuff in a pinch? Thanks!

Re: Can you temporarily fix a flat with quick repair sealant?

Not sure what exact product you are talking about but it sounds similar to Slime and yes you can use it if the hole isn't too big and you removed whatever caused puncture. Maybe don't take it over 30 mph to be safe

Thanks! No idea how big the puncture is because I have not idea what condition the tube is in, but I'll try it and see. As per the 30 mph, my moped only hits about 25 do no worries there! It is Slime, too. Thanks!

OH MY HOLY GOD.

don't please don't

it's so easy to replace a tube. That shit will make a wretched mess and be awful when the time finally does come to do it RIGHT and change the tube.

I've had a few idiots do this and then be unable to properly change their tubes and bring ME the bike to see if there was any saving it. Usually the shit just leaks out and then essentially glues the tire on and glues the tube in place, additionally slinging shitloads of goo all over everything.

WORST though, it gets on the bead seat in the rim and takes upwards of a half hour to get all cleaned off if you ever want a tire to seat properly again.

The worst one, I had to literally drill out the valve stem it was so totally stuck in place with "slime"

don't do it, not worth it.

but then again, you might get lucky? lucky and what, save yourself NO MONEY because that shit's as expensive as a tube anyway, and you just create a situation where it's going to fail on you again quite soon.

Buy a tube from treats you will have it in two days and it will cost the same as slime

Use a inner tube patch. It'll save you a lot of trouble cleaning all that slime out of your still flat tire.

Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Use a inner tube patch. It'll save you a lot of

> trouble cleaning all that slime out of your still

> flat tire.

inner tube patch kit you can probably buy it at a gas station near you.

if your moped is your only source of transportation you should probably figure stuff like this out ahead of time.

I like using old tubes and rubber cement for patch kits. Works pretty great. Those little bandaid bastards never seem to work for me.

I also like using new tubes. When I gotta ride and shits holey, rubber cement and old tubes works ok too.

After you put on the rubber cement light it on fire and blow it out before it burns out and then place the patch

true, i got alotta tubes with a few patches

Flagrant - Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> After you put on the rubber cement light it on

> fire and blow it out before it burns out and then

> place the patch

^hell ya. I'm gonna do this next time.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account