How far can you go on reserve?

Tell us how far, and how many ounces.

Re: How far can you go on reserve?

Too the next gas station ASAP and about 48 oz...

I don't have a reserve, unless you count pulling the bike up on the rear wheel and riding for one float bowl worth of fuel that fills.

simon thokaar /

My reserve is a bit under half a tank, will get me about 20 miles. Tank only holds 0.7 gal, so i strap a spare gallon on for long rides, and strap a magnum x tank on along with it for extra long rides.

Trry my best to not use reserve cause its DIRTY

Depends on the bike. My fox or kreidler have the farthest range though. When the fuel light/reserve lights up on the peugeot im good for another 10-15 miles. Probably about the same with the kreidlers huge tank. My ciao has a large enough reserve for me to contemplate how much walking sucks and then I'm walking. Everything else seems about 5 miles.

Princess Rapunzel /

5 miles or so.

Not enough. A couple miles or so, but try not to use it as it is old fuel. Should I remember, I try to tank up after every ride, keep a can of pre-mix in my truck.

Old fuel? LOLOL!

With my old petcock about 20 miles, have not found out how mch it is with the new petcock (tube is about half the size of the old one so probably 10 miles). Luckily i can get premix a minute from my house

I have a TC120 gas tank on my Malagutti and reserve is about 0.7 gallons, or about 60 miles.

Some top-tanks have 2 reserves...Yes,two! When the fuel runs out on reserve,a top tank generally can be tipped over(way over) toward the petcock side of the tank,and you'll get quite a bit of gas that was trapped on the other half away from the petcock. don-ohio

I have to add my tank holds .865 gallon or about 111 oz., reserve is 8 oz.so about 50-55 miles to reserve then about 5 more.

Rick Villegas /

6.7 oz reserve on a tank that is ~0.52 gal: ~7 miles. The tank is sloped downward toward the front, effectively using up every last drop. ('78 Honda NC50)

__RVX

Andrew Squiggman /

Stephen Keller Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not enough. A couple miles or so, but try not to

> use it as it is old fuel.

you have got to be kidding.

last time I used reserve I got about 40 ft because it doesn't work.

Overpriced Parts /

On my modded stock/stock 12mm carb magnum xk the fathest I went was 128 mi before I gassed up. I never hit reserve. They make long and short petcock for magnums and I don't remember what one I got in there .

On super long rides, I fill up a very clean oil quart bottle with gas, just

in case. Never had to use it yet though. I get 80 miles on a tank, not

using reserve. 80 miles is a long ride on a moped, but sure is fun. Of

course it is the well hated SSR Lazer 5. Sorry haters, but it still looks and

runs like new. Great little bike.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account