Re: Sachs transfer ports

Saabsonettguy . /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Only some of the e50 cylinders have open transfers, the hi-torque cylinders dont. The difference is in the manufacturing. Casting the transfers open with an all aluminum cylinder easier and reduces cost. I believe the sachs cylinder is cast this way as well, but it has a iron sleeve pressed in instead of plating directly on the aluminum. You would increase the transfer volume slightly, but at the same time the port window would remain the same. I don't think you would see any noticeable gain from opening the transfers alone, and I don't think it would be low end. I'd do a compression test. You want to make sure your rings are in good shape and that the decompression valve isn't leaking. Loss of compression will hurt your low end.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account