radios?

so how, and what kind of radios are you guys putting on your peds/snails??? I put a small cheap one on mine but the static from the plug drowned out the music so it didnt work..... Rog

Re: radios?

David F Martin /

I put a walkman and a couple of small computer speakers on mine. Looks pretty cool, but it is not loud enough to hear over 20mph. Hopefully I'll post a pic tomorrow night.

Wayne's got the stereo goin' on.

david

i have a box, with 25 watt amp, dual 2 1/2 inch tweeters and a walkman, in padding.. its loud as hell.. the fine vibrations from the motor make it skip at low or mid idle tho..i need to rubber mount it..

Re: radios Static/Resistor plug?

Rog---

this was one of my toughest things-- I think Ree solved it for me.

You get the SAME plug specs, but with a resistor--- that will kill all engine noise.

I've had digital devices that would not work at all near my moped-- so my stereo had static, and an mp3 player wouldn't function at all.

they sell almost all plugs, cept really oddball ones in resistor format.

Tony-- sounds sweet-- I've got an 80 watt amp, three speakers, and a phat battery--- since I went with a RIO Mp3 player, I don't have any moving parts in my player and the actual AMP can bounce inside the pannier pack a little, but it doesn't 'skip' or anything.

My old tape-deck setup used to 'warble' on uneven roads or cobblestone--- now i've always got good sound---- I'm going to get an upgrade kit for a different bike-- and hopefully I can fit a 200w amp, with a double size or dual battery bank--- get some serious bass on the ped and moure than double the power to the speakers.

as it is, it's loud as all hell, but I always want louder.

shit-- I'm probably going deaf--- just thought that might be why I need a louder amp.... doh!

I'll make it to the bbq, and let anyone test it out-- great sound--- stereo effect at full speed--- cool airhorns--- fun-- once I add the neon, it'll be the "bat-mo-ped"

Rog--- see my thread about moped stereo--- it's got about 45 posts

I've also created a "yearly" stereo thread, do if you use the "all dates"

search for "moped stereo" you'll actually see the evolution of my set up

NEON??

p.s. that's interesting about even an mp3 player not functioning on there

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account