Columbian Commuter question

SDizzle johnson /

Hi, sorry for all the question but if you don't ask you wouldn't know. So here it goes my commuter runs great and everything but when you start it I have to push down on the engine and it starts right up. It seems like the engine in engaged already. If I pedal it I don't even have to pop the clutch it starts right up any idea's on how to fix it. Other then that it runs smooth and stays running.

Thank you

Re: Columbian Commuter question

Dirty30 Dillon /

Push down on the engine? How? With what?

Pop the clutch? You mean pull the starter clutch?

Your terminology needs some clarification.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

First off, start calling your moped an Open Road. Very very few were badged a Commuter, and it only confuses people.

Have you ever removed the vario? Sometimes the brass bushing backs out of the steel cheek, resulting in those symptoms. Super glue it back in.

I lost my free internet connection, so I'm rarely online any more.

adjust your clutch preload screw?

SDizzle johnson /

Dillion thank you and yes.

SDizzle johnson /

Downhill Harvey I replaced the bearing about a month ago that the belt sits on. I think the Vario is on the side where the clutch cable is correct. So take the plates off and the spring and make sure the brass bushing is in correct. You still have a cell phone.

SDizzle johnson /

MH is the preload screw on the clutch lever if not where is it.

SDizzle johnson /

DHarvey whats the screw and bolt on the frame of the moped that hits the engine, you can adjust it but what is it for.

That issue when its like that you can barely push the moped its engaged but not running. Again if I push down on the engine it rolls nice and smooth but when I lift off the engine it goes right back to it being difficult to push or start. Thank you for all your help. Not very many people know anything about these mopeds.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

SDizzle johnson /

Page 23 I replaced the needle bearing. Is that where your talking about that side.

the screw is inside the clutch casing as soon as you pop off the plate. here's the ultimate clutch video...

Patrick Keaton /

This is the Commuter with the Solo engine,not the Sachs engine.

SDizzle johnson /

MH thank you for the video but it's a solo engine. Thanks Pstrick do you have any ideas.

OOOOOOHHHHHHh.

SDizzle johnson /

Does anybody know could it be the engine mounts or adjusters. Just an idea.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account