Minerelli/V1/V1L

I just have to ask, and I'm sorry if I fucked up the title, Minerelli's just aren't my niche here.... What is SO special about Minerelli engines such as the V1 V1L, which I know is case inducted... What are they in comparison to say... an A35/55? Go easy on me.

Re: Minerelli/V1/V1L

Ultra high crank case compression, Fan cooling over a cast iron cylinder, and indestructible clutch/transmission.

The 'N' engines have more aggressive porting, larger heads, and generally roller bearing little ends.

The reason most people Love them is because you can jam blue scooter springs into the clutch, a polini 80 kit, a pipe from just about anything, Regear and go 50 Forever. The build quality on the engine is Stellar and they're easy to work on.

The V1L engines have a shorter stroke, they're case inducted, and a lot of them come as kickstart engines. A lot more in terms of kit availability.

Jacob Luboda /

My 70cc (airsol) A35 did more for less though Weakends A35 performance pipe, sprocket change, 21 carb/intake. But they're notorious for blowing first gears and clutches. But I've personally never had those issues, and I WOT that thing everwhere. And I have a first/and second gear so it doesn't take me FOREVERRRRR to go get to 25-30 with a minarelli, I've ridden a few, a couple time, I wasn't too terrible impressed. The fan sounds cool though, but does that REALLY help since they're air cooled anyways? (Needle bearings?) Really not sure what I want stock for stock, just a pipe and MAYBE a carb/intake depending on the motor. Was wanting to rebuild my A35, crank threads magically got stripped. Sorry for being such a noob. My brothers A35 kitted is turning out about 15-16k RPM without a sprocket and is going in the mid-high 50s.

If you can't understand why people like Minarellis than don't have any. More for the rest of us.

you ask for it.. i would never go easy on some one that likes a tomos engine vs a minarelli v1.. reed valve or not.. piston port vs reedvalve.. so read up on your skills!~ anyways! minarelli! ftw!

†▲m †▲m /

power. reliability. awesomeness.

start with a stock v1 and play with it. then toss a polini kit onto it and continue to play around with it. a search of the forums will bring up port maps, head options, carbing, pipes and gear ratios.

my all time favorite is a v1 with a polini and 16mm carb, an estoril, some higher tension clutch springs, then 16" wheels and 11x40 or 10x31 (I think, cant exactly remember... but a ratio of 3.1~3.4). it gets to 45-48 very quickly, climbs any hill and is a tank.

its difficult to destroy a v1. even more difficult to destroy the kickstart version

v1s are my jams!

simon thokaar /

†▲m †▲m Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> power. reliability. awesomeness.

>

> start with a stock v1 and play with it. then toss

> a polini kit onto it and continue to play around

> with it. a search of the forums will bring up port

> maps, head options, carbing, pipes and gear

> ratios.

>

> my all time favorite is a v1 with a polini and

> 16mm carb, an estoril, some higher tension clutch

> springs, then 16" wheels and 11x40 or 10x31 (I

> think, cant exactly remember... but a ratio of

> 3.1~3.4). it gets to 45-48 very quickly, climbs

> any hill and is a tank.

>

> its difficult to destroy a v1. even more difficult

> to destroy the kickstart version

im running a 50cc BRN on my v1L. vm18 carb, 11x41 on 16s. blue springs. Takes about 6 seconds to go from 0-50.

My tomosi are both A3's and not even in the same league as to bother comparing to the awesomeness that is Minarelli.

V1's are virtually bullet-proof. The only thing I've ever done to my fleet of V1 powered Italian peds is change the points and condensor.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I had a huge response to this and realized it's just easier to say, V1's are betterer

....not to mention italians are so fine and sexy.

in tomos world you have step through sprints, and top tanks...... there are few variations that are stamped with different decals but most are just the same frame regifted. then thers the god awful street mate Rs. and lets not forget the revival. (this i my opinion, sorry not sorry if you ride a street mate R )

you can find V1s on a plethora of classic neat looking rolling chaises

Probably Fred /

Jacob Luboda Wrote:

> My 70cc (airsol) A35 did more for less though

> Weakends A35 performance pipe, sprocket change, 21

> carb/intake. But they're notorious for blowing

> first gears and clutches. But I've personally

> never had those issues, and I WOT that thing

> everwhere. And I have a first/and second gear so

> it doesn't take me FOREVERRRRR to go get to 25-30

> with a minarelli, I've ridden a few, a couple

> time, I wasn't too terrible impressed. The fan

> sounds cool though, but does that REALLY help

> since they're air cooled anyways? (Needle

> bearings?) Really not sure what I want stock for

> stock, just a pipe and MAYBE a carb/intake

> depending on the motor. Was wanting to rebuild my

> A35, crank threads magically got stripped. Sorry

> for being such a noob. My brothers A35 kitted is

> turning out about 15-16k RPM without a sprocket

> and is going in the mid-high 50s.

15-16k RPM your absolutely lost your mind or your reading 4 stroke rpms on digital tachometer. The rev limiter on a tomos kicks in at like 9000 something RPM

Patrick Keaton /

Some month in 1995 Tomos started having rev limiters in there mopeds.

So if the A-35 was made before then,it could go over 9000 RPM.

I took a new old stock Minerelli V1 and put about 20-30 miles on it,and when the ride was complete,the engine was running backwards.

I never did try to figure out what went wrong and put it in the back of the shed. What would cause a new old stock motor to do that ? (edited)

Off timing will make it run backwards. Mineralli still makes v1's for Yamaha .

Josh Besecker /

Steve Clark Wrote:

> Off timing will make it run backwards. Mineralli

> still makes v1's for Yamaha .

Minarelli still makes motors for Yamaha, but theyre not v1's. :-)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account