I'M ABOUT 2 SECONDS FROM HAVING IT RUNNING!!!

I HAVE AN OLD BRATAVUS THAT CURRENTLY GETS NO SPARK. tHE LIGHTS WORK. hERES THE DEAL: tHERES 2 WIRES GOING TO THE CONDENSOR, ONE IS JUST PLAIN BLACK, WHICH IM SURE IS THE NEGATIVE. tHE OTHER IS BLUE AND BLACK, WHICH IM SURE IS THE POSSITIVE WIRE. wHEN I TOUCH THESE 2 WIRES TOGETHER, THEY CREATE A BLUE SPARK. BUT WHEN I HOOK THEM TO THE CONDENSOR, NOTHER SPARKS OUT THE PLUG. I TRIED ANOTHER CONDENSOR, AND I STILL GOT NOTHING. iM NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT EITHER OF THE CONDENSORS OR PLUGS ARE ANY GOOD, BUT IF ITS NOT THE CONDENSOR, OR PLUG, AND THE WIRES MAKE A SPARK WHEN YOU TOUCH THEM TOGETHER, WHY ISNT IT SPARKING AT THE PLUG???!!!

RE: I'M ABOUT 2 SECONDS FROM HAVING IT RUNNIN

First.... is the spark plug new?... if not....... buy one.

Second..... have you cleaned the points with fine sandpaper?..... if not..... do it.

Those are the 2 main reasons for no spark

Are you checking for spark while holding the threads on the spark plug firmly against the unpainted cylinder head while somebody kicks or pedals it?

RE: I'M ABOUT 2 SECONDS FROM HAVING IT RUNNIN

i now tested it again, even the wire that comes out from the condensor will create a spark between it and the engine, i put that wire one a spark plug that i know works, i ended up shoshing the @!#$ out of my self, but there is still no spark at the plug!!!

RE: I'M ABOUT 2 SECONDS FROM HAVING IT RUNNIN

Well... I'll tell you this....... if you were trying to hold the spark plug against the engine and pedal it and you got a BIG SHOCK UP YOUR ARM...... then you need a NEW SPARK PLUG !!!..... the shock up your arm is your tip that your IGNITION SYSTEM IS GOOD

When I'm working on a strange (to me) bike .... sometimes I will let myself get shocked ON PURPOSE.... and when it happens I smile because then I know the ignition is good to go !!........ if it's got enough to jolt the crap out of you it's got enough to spark a GOOD plug.

The only other cause is if the spark plug tip (in the wire) is not contacting the wire... or if the wire is pulled part way out of the spark plug cap (and you got jolted through the wire)

Spark plugs in 2-strokes are very tempermental..... and once they get fouled they will make you think that every thing else is wrong..... cause the plug can still look pretty good...... and mopeds have weak ignition systems that won't fire a dirty plug.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account