Alex Samul... the media ate you up.

Jalopnik: How-classic-mopeds-are-taking-over-the-streets-of-Detroit.

There goes the neighborhood. As much as I like seeing this on Jalopnik I had hoped it would never happen.

Re: Alex Samul... the media ate you up.

oooh sachs seville

Yeah - This is a bit funny - I'm fairly ignorant about cars and consequently, Jalopnik. I mainly just contacted Aaron Foley because a mutual friend posted that article in which he mentioned looking for a two wheeled alternative to bicycles. I was informing who I thought was just a friend of a friend. I didn't realize that Jalopnik was a big deal or that he was planning on writing about us. For that matter, I didn't even realize he was coming and was half in the bag while speaking to him.

Either way, Detroit is a huge town and we are so tiny in it. I can't see any negative consequences. Hopefully it will throw some business our way.

The only thing I'm bummed about (besides a few unimportant inaccuracies) are that it did not give my partner, Ted Silwinksi; or my club MCR, enough mention.

Whatever, still pretty cool I think.

And the one on the end looks to be a G-3 ?

Glad to see a moped shop in Detroit,Samul! I was up there recently and saw a coupla'guys or 3 going up near the Ford stadium,walking their bikes as they went by the Stadium.

Up the street they may have gotten on and rode again,I dunno,but one bike looked like the Swinger,I think.

Anyway,if I'm up there I'm stopping in,but I don't get up there much anymore.

Hope you do well! don-ohio (:^)

Overpriced Parts /

The Los Dorados Kid "0fmc" Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And the one on the end looks to be a G-3 ?

It's a puch Magnum xk with triad/kromag type wheel

Magnum XK w/ MKII forks & Triad Front Wheel.

Yellow Swinger? A friend Nick has one and rides the central business district fairly often.

Yes, defiantly stop by; we are open daily, but by appointment only, so give us a bit of notice. so that we can make sure someone is there.

nice article, you need some blinker covers for that urban? ;)

That NU50 was built for a customer who got the first bike we sold him stolen in less than a week.

He got a piped, carbed, 40mph + dependable bike with working head / tail / and brake lights for only parts cost w/ free labor.

No fancy turn signals for him :)

great article

wish I could have made it to the rally! keep on keepin on up there

Sounds like the guy was quoting G Rashid, DAM Rider

Congrats to Ted and Alex, love you guys.

"Do they have black-on-black crime here?"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account