Re: BUMP

Last years ride was a blast. I am looking forward to ralley. See you guys about 2pm.

I will bring my camera and post pictures on my flicker account. I will send the link on Sunday.

Cheers!

Paul

Hey Paul, did you buy that moped from Carolyn?

Hey Deezy,

Nope...bought mine brand new. As far as I know Caroline still has hers. They look like a matched set, when they are right next to each other.

Cheers!

Paul

Sorry, it almost seems like I asked ya that a long time ago.

parking my huge ass truck..

not knowing the parking situation from here; is there any close parking nearby or at this pub? or any place that will fit my truck (underground parking by chance?)

Toronto Rally help.

Hi guys, I just joined the Moped Army. Honestly more of a Classic/ Vintage MC guy but what the hay. Just bought a 70 Honda PA50, supposed to go 30mph!! woo hoo. Anyway, I'm interested in going to Toronto for this rally. Does anyone have any info such as

where?

When?

Camping?

Phone contacts for meet organizers?

Time is short, so here's my cell if there's any good samaritans who can help over the phone

302 898-1658

Eddie

parking my huge ass truck..

there's no underground parking, but there's a big parking lot at the keating channel pub

Toronto Rally help.

Hi Eddie, there's no camping, it's downtown Toronto so there's a distinct lack of green space. Here's the when and where:

saturday, july 7

Re: parking my huge ass truck..

whew, thats good to know. i just wish i was 19 to enter the pub.

Re: parking my huge ass truck..

Cleats Onionpockets /

Some pubs will still let you in, they just won't let you drink.

Re: Toronto! Mods, Rockers & Rebels

Fifty2One /

BUMP...

if you arent going to St.Albert then you HAVE TO GO HERE!

Bruce Wilkinson /

Remember that part of the Lakeshore will be closed for the Indy car race. It will be slow getting around on the weekend.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Wait...which part of lakeshore?

Hey I did'nt know there was going to be a closure...Oh wait I ride a Moped so I can go anywhere...that's a great thing about Mopeds you can just shut the engine off and walk it or ped down a sidewalk. I don't think a closure will be a problem just give a little extra time.

any of you coming out to the queens head tonight?

Hi Folks,

Here are the pictures from the rallly! A great time was had by all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmhoskin/sets/

Cheers!

Paul

Bruce Wilkinson /

I like your cat

deena Davenport /

I am so GOSH DARNED JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was my first big event/ride and i enjoyed every minute of it. even took home the trophy for best moped (rat...LOL!). it was alot of fun to see so many scooters and mopeds, and the ride was fantastic. i'm glad i went, and so did Chad (Curbcast).

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was great to meet those I hadn't before in person, and the rally was tons of fun. It's never a ride unless I break down in the middle of it! Will post some pics in a bit.

Nathan might have another story, but he has just left Toronto on his Puch and I'll let him relay his sordid chain of events!

It was fun to meet many of the RCMP members. I'm not able to get out much but it sure was worthwhile.

There sure were some gorgeous old bikes there, not including the Hayabusa. The Y2000 Royal Enfield looked really old but it was just a poor paint job (from India) that started to peel. Honda 360s really look good.

Vespas and Lambys were quite different. The purple fur Vespa with matching high heel boots was unique. And the Rat 'ped was fun to see.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Oi Oi Oi!

Is this event happening again this year?

John Joedicke /

Early September it has been mentioned. Appears the RCMP are not part of it as it has generated to cafe racers/ motorcycles and vintage to new scooters. Not much showing up on the scooter forums in Toronto. RCMP's seems to be dormant to a degree at this time.

there's going to be a scooter rally, but when i saw dylan from the vintage scooter club at my moped swap meet he said they weren't involved in it this year. leavin' the work to the new scooter people hahaha...

i've been WAY too busy to do much RCMP stuff but i relaly think we should get together for a ride. the weather is perfect for a nice trip down the lakeshore. anyone?

hey john, how's the norman? jim's got that tomos running nicely.

John Joedicke /

Lindsay still in the search for the elusive Villiers or Sachs. Looks like I will powdercoat it. Have new decals and will probably hang a kick start Tomos on it till I find the proper motor. Can be done without butchering any metal and just make motor mounts to hang it off the original mounting holes. Twisted Wheel Scooter Rally is on the 12th at Motoretta Eurosport on Esander Dr.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account