Toronto! Mods, Rockers & Rebels

Finally folks, the day is coming. Vintage mopeds, scooters, motorcycles and cars. It's a free for all and it's gonna be awesome.

Poster with more info attached!

Re: Toronto! Mods, Rockers & Rebels

You guys in Toronto have ALL the fun!

ah thats good to know now. i was gonna soon post about info on the rally.

hpoe to see ya there, it's gonna be lots of fun!

I'll be there

Cleats Onionpockets /

Whee! I'll be there..

2 bad I ain't in T.O.

Cleats Onionpockets /

I'm in Rochester, so the trip won't be so bad.

Wicked! I think we're going to have a great turnout and lots of shiny nice things to look at!

I can't decide what bike to ride!

something pretty! although i'm relatively sure that all your bikes are pristine!

Most of use in Chicago just missed the Chicago version since alot of people were at Bomb Prom. I wish I could have made it this year.

"www.tonupchicago.com":http://www.tonupchicago.com/home.html

mmm...we need more of that in jersey...we got tons of ska and tons of mopeds...if only there was some way to combine the two

Cleats Onionpockets /

BS....my daily rider is a mottled yellow mess with wires and frayed cable ends sticking out everywhere. Now, the pretty one I'm working on will be pristine and shiny, but it probably won't be ready in time.

Lindsay, I can't open the poster. Can you post the information in text?

help me help a friend.

is anybody coming up around/through the London area on their way to the rally? if so, would you please consider picking somebody up along the way? i have a friend from london who's Dying to go to this rally, but he can't get/find transportation up to toronto. it'd mean alot to both him and me.

his email address is knotar3@hotmail.com

and heres his profile

Re: help me help a friend.

Can someone explain to me what a rally is and how it goes, is it like a parade haha? I know it's not an actually car rally haha but I have a question. I don't know if I will get my ped working but I have a VW golf that I bought originally for 50$ and made it rally worthy. It looks nice and at the moment it has straight pipes but I will remove those. One problem though. It's not registered or insured but it's got license plates on it. Will I get screwed if I take it to the rally?

Re: help me help a friend.

probably. couldn't say really, never lived in toronto.

Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to borrow my sister's van or something. I can't miss this!

Re: Rally Info

From Scooter Calendar break>

Date: Jul. 7th,2007

TVSC/RCMP Vintage Rally

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Vintage Scooters and Mopeds will decend upon Toronto Saturday July 7th, 2007.

Hosted by the Toronto Vintage Scooter Club (TVSC) and the Royal Canadian Moped Posse (RCMP) this will take the Toronto Rally scene into a new direction.

More information will follow on the website as it becomes available. For most up to date information contact torontovintagesc@gmail.com

Last year"s Rally organized by the TVSC has just over 100 bikes. This year promises to be just as great.

Note this is a Vintage Scooter and Moped Rally.

torontovintagesc@gmail.com

"Toronto Vintage Scooter Club":http://www.torontovintage.com

that would've been so fun to go to.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Lindsay! Do you know of any way to get from Rochester NY to Toronto without having to take the highway? I want to rude my bike there, but there's no way in hell they'll let me on the toll road between NY and ON.

hmmm, i don't know. is that ferry still running? cause you could take a bike on that, but i have a feeling it was an ill fated disaster.

here, i google mapped it checking the avoid highways button and this is what it came up with. it's a bit of a trek but i bet it would be fun!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=rochester,+ny&daddr=toronto,+on&dirflg=h&sll=43.298155,-78.722555&sspn=1.719115,3.389282&ie=UTF8&ll=43.345155,-78.733521&spn=1.717759,3.389282&z=8&om=1

Cleats Onionpockets /

Can't do it, the bridge is a toll bridge, which means it's 55 mph, and probably no slowpokes allowed. I'll contact the department of travel and see what can be done. I can always throw it in the back of the car, but riding would be more fun I think.

Vimy Ridgeway /

Nathan, check out libby's route from her trip planning. She came from Seneca, Pa, through Niagara Falls, then she went left along the north shore of Lake Erie to Windsor. If you are coming from upstate New York, take the same crossing at Niagara Falls, turn right instead of left and follow Highway 2, which is the Lakeshore road, it follows the west and north side of Lake Ontario and goes right into downtown Toronto. For better instructions, ask john (double).

Cleats Onionpockets /

Do you have a link to that page?

Vimy Ridgeway /

Search libby in the author box. It would have been one of her last posts before heading north. Both double and I offered directions to her, as she was mulling over the idea of coming to Toronto, but decided to go the other way instead,

i might be there, it'll be risky riding around there with no licence lol unless its just a show cause im down for that too

phil, there's a ride and a show so if you're not comfortable going on the ride you don't have to. the show and shine will be awesome too.

PHIL!!! youre comin too. load em up and move em out.

i will mapquest directions to... ummm where is it again?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account