Aprilia to ?

Looking for some input and suggestions.. I have a Aprilia fuel injected DiTech sr50 sitting here. Needed a starter and fuel system cleaning. it runs good now.. It was wrecked but not to bad but its a scooter and I cant see myself riding it.. I'm thinking it would make a sweet moped. Im sure I can fabricate a pedal start system to make it PA legal. Has anyone ever done this?

Re: Aprilia to ?

those SR are pretty nice if I remember right

I'd sell the scoot and buy whatever ped you want cuz you should do ok on the SR

Thing is no matter what you fabricate onto it, the state considers the VIN number to be a scooter.

You could always fix it and sell it to buy a legit moped. The Ditech injection system is pretty awesome though.

Eoban Binder /

I say cut off the whole engine mount off the frame, and weld it up to some kind of old noped frame.

A Honda Express powered by an SR50 engine/transmission would fucking rule.

THIS.

Eoban Binder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I say cut off the whole engine mount off the

> frame, and weld it up to some kind of old noped

> frame.

>

> A Honda Express powered by an SR50

> engine/transmission would fucking rule.

Those bikes are the best. So much awesome scooter tech in them!

I am leaning towards putting the motor on a ped frame -using a moped frame and the ditech engine. I dont have a title for the scooter-it was in a shed for 12 years so of course no title.. Im thinkin a FI moped would be nice.

I did have it running enough to ride it in the lane and what a sweet running engine with plenty of power..

Some of the dudes in Europe make mini mopeds with scooter engines. The peugeot 103 frame is popular. Here is an example of how to convert a scooter engine to a moped

Thats cool..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account