My Puch family

Here are my Puch mopeds the white 1976 Maxi S I've had a while its been a reliable commuter for me its nearing 8600 miles and is on its second engine rebuild. Nothing real special just a pretty basic 1.5hp model.

The light green 1980 Sport MKII I just picked up the other day. Paid $500 but I'm really happy with it. Only 1600 miles and it was last registered in 1992. It was stored in a heated basement so it is in real nice shape. Still wearing its original tires which are in about the same condition as the rest of the bike. All decals are present and where they belong. I'm going to pull the transmission apart and replace the pucks but other than that this one is staying stock. i took it out for a 40 mile ride today and it cruised at 32mph the whole time with no issues.

I did figure out that it is in fact the 2hp model.

Both of them

1976 Maxi S

1980 Sport MKII

Re: My Puch family

Overpriced Parts /

I got a extended Puch family (edited)

image.jpg

Re: My Puch family

Congrats Tyler,

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Well done.

M

Re: My Puch family

Wow Roffman!

Some of us are sicker than others.

M

Re: My Puch family

Thank you all. I think two is my limit, I have a 77 Corvette and that takes up most of the room in my garage.

I'm not really up on prices but I felt that $500 was a fair price for that Sport given its mileage and condition.

Re: My Puch family

Overpriced Parts /

What year vet ? Looks like 1968-1976 generation

Re: My Puch family

soooo close, its a 77 last year before they went to the ugly fastback rear window.

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What year vet ? Looks like 1968-1976 generation

Re: My Puch family

Really nice peds. LOVE the white one. is that original paint? have never seen many white puch mopeds, if i do usually not oem.

Re: My Puch family

As far as I can tell it's the original paint. That one was found in a barn where it had been sitting since 1979.

Ben Grinev Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Really nice peds. LOVE the white one. is that

> original paint? have never seen many white puch

> mopeds, if i do usually not oem.

Re: My Puch family

mopeds moproblems. hahaha

Re: My Puch family

I saw that poster in the FEMA office. Ken did any one survive? (edited)

Re: My Puch family

Nice set of stockers you have there. If I every get a Maxi it would be a white one like that S, it looks so angelic.

Re: My Puch family

I like it, it's been very reliable, had it close to 12 years now started riding it in high school my wife sat on a pillow on the luggage rack one our first date and a few other times while dating. Now I commute back and forth to work on it about 24 miles round trip every day.

It's getting the engine overhauled this winter for the 3rd time, though no more 50cc going to look into a 65 or 70 kit this time

(casseroller) Chris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice set of stockers you have there. If I every

> get a Maxi it would be a white one like that S, it

> looks so angelic.

Re: My Puch family

Nice bikes, for some reason all the ones I come across are spoked.

Ken, You have too many Magnums ;), you should sell me a well enjoyed one.

peace,

~M (edited)

Re: My Puch family

Overpriced Parts /

Maciek Dub Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice bikes, for some reason all the ones I come

> across are spoked.

>

> Ken, You have too many Magnums ;), you should sell

> me a well enjoyed one.

>

> peace,

> ~M

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,3713208

Got one for sale ^

Re: My Puch family

blarga flarga /

Tyler Kerr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> soooo close, its a 77 last year before they went

> to the ugly fastback rear window.

Does it have a different leaf spring than normal on the rear end? I'm helping my uncle restore one and it has a 9? leaf spring. I think it's 9 but not sure, all I can remember right now is that it's weird.

Re: My Puch family

They are normally 7 leaf, mine has a 9 leaf with an added rear swaybar. Mine came with the optional Gymkhana suspension which includes those two features. Does your uncles car have a rear swaybar?

blarga flarga Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tyler Kerr Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > soooo close, its a 77 last year before they

> went

> > to the ugly fastback rear window.

> Does it have a different leaf spring than normal

> on the rear end? I'm helping my uncle restore one

> and it has a 9? leaf spring. I think it's 9 but

> not sure, all I can remember right now is that

> it's weird.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account