1990 kinetic TFR moped

SDizzle johnson /

Hi does anybody know anything about these I can read about them but want some first hand experiences. Thanks

Re: 1990 kinetic TFR moped

Dirty30 Dillon /

They are Indian bikes, that have a clone of the Vespa moped motor.

One Speed, dry clutch, belt driven.

They are heavy, have good brakes and CDI ignition

While they have better porting in the cylinder then the Vespa Ciao/Si/Bravo/Grande typically, I haven't found them to be much faster anyways, probably due to the weight of the thing.

SDizzle johnson /

Would you recommend one to buy.

You can also read about those if you do a search.

The good: vespa clone, drive-line parts interchangeable, CDi, 12v lights with signals, big brakes, not too small.

The bad: cheap pressed-steel sub-frame. Suspension leaves a lot to be desired, bigger shocks won't fit without modification. Small gas tank.

It really depends on what you're looking for in a moped, and how cheap you can get it. If you just want to putt it around with maybe some minor mods it can be a good candidate for a reliable daily rider. If You're bigger and/or want to put a lot of power through it it can be a challenge.

GL

~M (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Personally? No. While they can be good bikes, I'll wait for an original Vespa every time.

The three kinetic's I've dealt with were some of my least favorite bikes to work on.

I've only ever dealt with one Kinetic...a TFR a friend of mine decided to blow to smithereens cuz he was a dumbass and just threw random oil mixes at it all the time. It was a rare one though... electric start! I was supposed to rebuild it for him over the winter but he was broke. Hit him up a month ago about it and he fucking traded it away to pay off his pos car. I found the ped but dude won't sell it :/

Patrick Keaton /

The 2005 TFR weighs less then 105 [lbs] and

the gas tank is 0.9 [gal]

Yeah…. I'd recommend something else

SDizzle johnson /

Thank you all

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account