Re: Vespas Galore......

It seems like the full rigid ciaos are desirable... why is that? I'm trying to talk a guy into selling me his but I was going to put some suspension forks on it. Should I not do that?

Randy Johnson II /

I would email the dude and ask if he is a licensed dealer. He can't sell that many motor vehicles within a year without a fine. ;)

I think you can if they are not titled.....

♣Slew Foot♣ /

when i get that kind of reply i usually just go "i really just wanted to know if you hit your head on something or if we could do business".

good luck larry, i know they would be well cared for.

a salvage licence gets around the dealer thing or a wharehousman permit

Stephen Keller Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think you can if they are not titled.....

^yep. selling them without titles is not regulated in any way.

Dirty30 Dillon /

2500 and the reserve is not met? That truly blows

Jeremy Homser /

Dam 3 grand and reserve still not met

Princess Rapunzel /

Ho man this makes me want a ciao even more now

Whoever buys this can you sell me one?

$3500 puts it at $150 per, reasonable for a bulk purchase.

i don't see the seller being that educated.

larry, i sort of don't want to see you buying this, first, those are rough condition, tons of hours could burn you out.

also, i love when you post your typical excellent finds, this would halt that.

unless you're planning for a hard winter?

whoever buys this, hope they get put back into circulation without too much markup.

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

30 mins south of me. Glenn-these are likely cleanouts from Kohls in lockport if I had to guess. Lol bid is over 3k. Someone will be sorely disappointed at that kinda price...

I'm out. He's got over $5K on the table and the reserve still has not been lifted. I thought $2,500 was a more than reasonable bid for this pile of rusty peds. Now I think the Seller is just plain greedy.

He will never get it...keep an eye out, those will prob be parted out at some point....the IS a Blanco in there... :) Depending on your proximity to him put the word out to local scrapers, he may just say F-it and have the whole lot hauled off for metal weight....if a scrapper knew someone wanted it and bought low and sold for a reasonable profit....just a thought.

Probably Fred /

As far as I'm concerned that lot is pretty much worthless just a bunch of rusted seized junk. I could've got this lot with 3x as many bikes for almost half the price.

I don't know if there was as many Vespas but there was many of them.

Not worth more then 25$ a bike (edited)

image.jpg

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

cripes it's time to post the 9 mobys i have as a 'barn find lot' with a few new speedos installed haha, crazy prices!

Eoban Binder /

Up to $5050 and reserve not met, so that would be $250 for each rusty stock non-runner Vespa—lol.

It'd be one thing if any of these looked like they were in half-decent shape but honestly most of them look like shit despite having zero miles on the odometer. Looks like they got exposed to the elements at some point.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

he has a buddy bidding it up. they will end up on CL after he eats it @ a 10,000 reserve not met. bumped his head apparantly...

where is this guy? i have access to a network of salvage yards in Pa.

A Boy Named Britchez ... /

Holland ny I believe. Kohls was in lockport. Good article about it at dcclassiccycles I think. Has since burned to the ground. Very sad stuff.

Patrick Keaton /

Ken you live in moped paradise,where $100 mopeds that need little work live

Ken,for the rest of us,who do not live in that paradise, those mopeds you posted a picture of would sell for at least $100 each.

Your market is flooded.

at this price they better all be running. maybe he thinks they're worth as much as the scooters..

only worth.. what the next person whats to give for them. i wouldn't give anything for them.. or even ever want a vespa moped, yuck, i mean, i guess if you wanna fix them up be my guess, i learn my lesson with the whole moped, hey lets fix them all, haha never again, cheers. ed

♣Slew Foot♣ /

it is hard enough keeping three running or 1 running & 2 in standby mode.

heck, if mine sit a season on the sidelines and aren't run at least weekly they just shit.

i can imagine the whole headache of trying to sqeeze even a little cash out of that transaction, a whole lotta free labor.

5 Hour Energy countdown....still 5,050. reserve not met...

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's gonna be cute when he puts each bike up for sale.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account