widening stock maxi swingarm

Anyone have experience or luck with widening stock maxi swing arm. Bought a set of 2.25 and got shipped 2.5 and they almost fit.

Re: widening stock maxi swingarm

Overpriced Parts /

Some maxi MKll swingarms are wider By a little bit, mlm makes a wider swingarm And magnum, Murray swingarms fit too but you have to mod back fender because they're longer

Back fender is chopped so thats not a problem. Is there a recomended tolerance between tire and swing i should shoot for? (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

1/8 inch should be ok if your rim is true

Take off the wheel. Measure the width of the arm where the tire goes. Cut a 2x4 1/2" wider. Bend the arms out. Beat the 2x4 in where the tire will be. Bend the arms back where they were. Done. Put the wheel back on.

Overpriced Parts /

Scooter STL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Take off the wheel. Measure the width of the arm

> where the tire goes. Cut a 2x4 1/2" wider. Bend

> the arms out. Beat the 2x4 in where the tire will

> be. Bend the arms back where they were. Done. Put

> the wheel back on.

Done but only done true if do you know what you're doing and know how to beat it/bend it true. If done wrong you will have a out-of-wack swingarm

good point Ken. be good! :)

Its primative but i think it will work. I understand the geometry so no worries there. Worst case scenario im out a swing that id have to replace anyways. Thanks guys.

I have 2.5 on two maxi. GP1 and MC11. I chose the 2.5 for the mc11 and decided it wasn't worth it. Then I was sent a 2.5 on accident for the gp1 and didn't care enough to send it back. Its pretty easy as long as proper chain tension can be achieved using only the back half of your adjusters. When I had one of the bikes powder coated I knife edged part of the swingarm. Now its easy as hell to fit. Your wheels have to be straight though. If they are gazelles you might be shit out of luck though. (edited)

If it's gazelles, sand the edge of the tire 1/8" or so with a 120 grit flap disc

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account