Pipes and oil injection

Wesley Burson /

On my a35 I have an aftermarket oil injection and was wondering if a biturbo would require the oil pump to be removed. I love the ease of the pump but if it's gotta go then so be it. And how far would I up jet. I'm running 51 now just fine. Thanks!

Re: Pipes and oil injection

You are OK, if you burn more gas the pump will make it up with more oil.

Wesley Burson /

ok cool

Leave the injector alone, and with a biturbo pipe and stock airbox you want a 58 or 60 jet. With an open airbox you want a 62.

Wesley,what is this aftermarket oil injection. How is it installed? don-ohio

Wesley Burson /

about how much speed wise would it go. now i hit about 30-31 mph wot id like to domat least 35 to keep up,with traffic

Wesley Burson /

all i know is it definatly not stock its odd looking and the mount was changednto fit

Probably Fred /

Pre mix most times is better than oil injection, true the oil injector will inject more oil when the RPMs are higher but going up hill and low RPM situations, riding doubles, riding with a lot of weight, all put a big strain on your engine cylinder and piston and crank and bearings. The pump will be producing less oil at low rpm so your engine will be starved of oil lubrication when it needs it the most.

Wesley Burson /

Ok cool the only real hill I deal with is out by clear fork and the bird sanctuary it nuts

Probably Fred /

A hill you could make up in a minute or two isn't bad but a hill that takes five minutes long to go up could be a problem

fortunately every time i've had the tomos injectors fail it just dumps extra oil, so there's less risk than others of it totalling the motor. still, i'd just about never want to trust one.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account