The worst 2 cycle oil

Well since there's a bunch of what's the best

How about what oil is the worst no good etc

Re: The worst 2 cycle oil

Eric Davenport /

SAE 90

It's super shitty, you can get it at almost any gas station, and I rarely run anything else.

**Edit to add because of the sae90 comment:

I've also run a tankful of gas through my peugeot that was mixed with ATF because I didn't have any oil and had to get somewhere. No problems. (edited)

Luke Stroehlein /

The worst two cycle oil by far is maple syrup mixed with super glue. A buddy of mine ran that in his engine once and it instantly exploded and unicorns shot from his nostrils and he died

Eric Davenport /

I was actually thinking of itasca originally when I posted

Patrick Keaton /

The worst 2 cycle oil is any that are labeled with no mention of any air cooled engine on the lable.It's designed for water cooled outboard 2 cycle motor only

Eric Davenport /

The bottle can be made into a totally useable air box on a 14 bing though. I rocked one on my cobra for about a week.

Overpriced Parts /

I thought that the walmart stuff was usable go figure

Overpriced Parts /

It's usable that's about it

Oil's well that goes well.

Never had any 2 stroke.oil probs. Ams oil 100:1

Eric Davenport /

I completely forgot about super tech. I won't even run their oil in my Briggs .

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

Oil threads never get old

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i once used synthetic engine oil from a guy with a new vw @ the pump i was shit out of luck blocked up, everything carb, cleaned out what settled made it home 10 miles.

i ran 3 in 1, ew chrismasy electric train smell all the way home, i think it actually out preformed alot of 2t oils, all my manuals state 2t or other fine oil, i bet whale oil is the bomb, the japanese still whale ya know.

I'm afraid to use any kind of oil that comes from either Big Lots of Dollar General stores.

I've been running Lucas in all my 2 strokers. $28 a gallon from O'Reilys.

Anyone ever ran Opti-2 long term? Something about a 100:1 ratio that covers all ratios scares me. But I did run about 60 gallons worth through my Trabant 601 with no ill effects. So it must not be too bad.

Since owning 2 cycle car that will go through a gallon of oil every 1200 miles, I've tried to find a good 2 cycle oil but in bulk. Lucas in gallon jugs seems to be the best bang for the buck. You use more of it than the Opti-2 but it comes out cheaper in the long run. $28 versus $60 a gallon.

Eric Davenport /

I've been running opti2 in my wore out puch for about 3 and a half months. no problems yet.

For my old allstates; they enjoy Amsoil Synthetic Injector.

They completely get sick from eating Honda's pathetic attempt. Fouled every one of my plugs in ONE day. My allsates also enjoy the Amsoil in their transmissions.

If I can't get Amsoil, I go for the Lucas.

Patrick Keaton /

Summit RACING EQUIPMENT has Lucas

Oil 10557-1- Lucas 2-cycle Land and Sea oil for

$25.97 a gallon and has free shipping

if you buy four gallons.

pennzoil marine aka never seize

Benito says the truth! Never a problem with the high quality of Pennzoil Marine synthetic blend.

Now if I had a racing engine like some of you,I'd go up to a full synthetic Amsoil or equiv. don-ohio (:^)

i once bought some "low-smoke" 2t oil at home depot or lowes or some place...sucked pretty bad but didn't kill anything...

the Dollar Tree started carrying 2 stroke oil....I'm not that brave. also that Supertech is awful. less then a year running that on my tomos clogged the exhaust port. that being said I switch to Amsoil and will never mix anything else.

Why would you use oil for your moped?

sookia sookia /

i use supertech all day everyday. The carbon build up is terrible though, but i enjoy working on my moped more than riding it so decarbonizing it is not a prob...

I'm telling you guys pennzoil. 3oz per gallon you can make your engine red hot and dip it in liquid nitrogen after with no ill effects I swear. the Uncle benito guarantee

In days of yore we used 30 or 40W car oil and while it smoked wildly with a huge cloud at stoplights it left a relatively fluffy carbon build up. Same in cars and you could perform what was known as an Italian tune in either by running them fast and hard. Now multi vis oils with all their additives put deposits on valves etc that are rock hard and have to be chipped off in the rebuild process. I run the now so called synthetic oils in my cars that get to their broader range of viscosity by means using less polymers than regular oil to reduce that valve encrustation

I'm pretty down with shitty oil

I had this crap quinqui 2t scooter a while back and ran itasca at 150:1. It made it about 300 miles fine, short trips though under 10miles in a go

Then the first time it got rode farther (jimbo rode it at our rally last year) he seized it like 8 times, yet every time it started again, and survived the long ride too. so say what you will, i think itasca's a pretty fine oil given that heavy abuse

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

<Pennzoil Marine synthetic blend>

I swear by it.

I have no direct experience with Bad Oils...

I love the smell of Blendzall Castor oil in the morning. We used it racing for many years.

I run Spectro synthetic now at 50:1. Last time I took my Malagutti apart I wiped any residue/carbon off with a rag.

A long time ago I ran Arctic Cat "Purple Power Lube", an excellent oil with little residue.

TWC3 oils are ashless, and TWC2 oils are low ash.

TWC3 certified oils are the best choice. Be careful, some oil bottles may have TWC3 written so it is not the same, like "TWC III" which may be labeling trickery. Make sure it says it is certified.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account