3 wheel moped ?

steve holloman /

does any one make a 3 wheel moped ? ............ thanks .. steve

Re: 3 wheel moped ?

As far as I know there aren't any currently available new. Most were converted by a third party. They are often used by venders for selling ice cream and stuff like that. Sometimes you can find used trike axles for sale to convert a regular moped. Homemade conversions are another option. (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Puch tri rad

Gyro (Honda)

pryer

^ That has made my whole day! :)

^those are great! Thanks for posting! My fave is the pizza del one, 25 mph would not cut it in today's world, but what a blast that would be :) I have only seen one trike in person, it was a tri-rad, looked really cool. Unfortunately it was sold before I got a shot at riding it, I have always liked the idea of them.

I have one.

all the gyros I've had have been titled as motorcycles not mopeds. dunno about other states, but iowa and its crappy moped laws in the 80s may have had something to do with that?

Iowa law prob has something to do with it, they used to have 20 mph speed limits on peds, Honda made an Iowa only express, Gyros only came in one speed type from what I have seen, 30 mph, so back then they prob were motorcycles there.

Double Trouble Dan /

Stephen Keller Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gyro (Honda)

Not a moped....no pedals.....makes it a noped. don-ohio (:^)

^True....but where I live they get moped plates so I lump them together....I was just thinking along the lines of factory built machines, asise from the vespa porter could not think of any. Always wanted a Gyro, there is a pair for sale in Mpls, but way out of my price range :( I prefer the looks of the first gen Gyro to the second. But I have never seen one in person.

solex made trikes too.

How funny, I was just looking at the pics of one of those in the gallery! Never knew that before today. Were they sold here (U.S.)?

When I was thinking years ago about getting a MOTORCYCLE license,Ike Fist of Ike's Bikes offered to lend me his Honda Gyro to take the MC riding test on.

That was Ike....always ready to help.

He kept trying to get me to ride it......I know what he wanted was to post a pic of don-ohio on the forums riding a SNAIL. LOL! don-ohio (:^)

saw one at the woodward dream cruise

solex and schwinn bicycles used the same rear ends on their bikes to make 3 wheelers.

i sold my trike to chad b.

I just purchased this yesterday.

1979 Tri-ped Microcar

DSC01871.JPG

Tri-ped

Does anyone have any info on these?-sales brochures,etc I just got this one.

A 1979 ser#0614 V1 motor...cleaned carb and it runs great..

DSC01871.JPG

Wow! Nice! don-ohio (:^)

Double Trouble Dan /

check this one out. Its for sale too.

trike.jpg

Double Trouble Dan /

trac trike

trac trike.jpg

Those ARE fantastic! When(and if) I get to be 80+ and my balance isn't so hot,I may get one.LOL! don-ohio (:^)

Re: Tri-ped

big bore kit, pipe, carb, and some drive tuning. see if you can get it to wheelie!

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ Joel Bruecker ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ /

The only trike you'll ever need

(edited)

images.jpg

i have a spare gyro motor if anyone has a motocompo they wanna give me. ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account