JAWA or Tomos Targa

I am into Eastern Bloc shit (I own a Trabant 601, Yugo, Tomos TX50) so this JAWA is right up my alley.

http://tricities.craigslist.org/mcy/4598324908.html

Well OK Slovenia (former part of Yugoslavia) and Yugoslavia itself wasn't exactly an Eastern Bloc nation but you get the idea.

I was hoping to trade the guy a Snapper lawnmower, air compressor or something I had laying around I was not using but he wants $100 for it. I have not looked at it. I don't know if it even runs.

After discovering what parts that are available for my Kinetic TFR are either used, interchanges with a Ciao, repaired or borrow from another moped. I'm not sure if I want to get something else hard to find parts for. So how many of you JAWA guys are out there? What about this moped? I take it, it is not variated but does it weigh less than a Kinetic and go up hills better before the clutch starts to slip?

I found Tomos Targa for $350. Looks like it's in good condition.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/4644692951.html

Not a big fan of the Targa (would rather have a Sprint of ST) but I do like the up hill torque my A35 engine and two speed transmission has on my TX50 minibike.

I suppose what I am getting at is if you live in an area with alot of hills, I suppose the Targa would be the best choice.

Maybe once I get my Kinetic running again, I'll know if it will make it up some of the hills I plan on taking it up.

If I want to do alot of pedaling, I'd ride my 20 lb Mongoose instead of my 100 lb Kinetic..

Re: JAWA or Tomos Targa

definitely buy the Targa

you won*t regret it

a Jawa purchase you will regret

that said, i like Jawas

just need to know how to fix

them and sometimes when

to give up.

but they can be fixed

Bad Cadillac™ /

Get the Tomos hands down...

Patrick Keaton /

Get the JAWA,and try to trade for it.

Get the Tomos Targa and try to trade for it,or do part cash part trade.

I don't like the looks of the fuel tank (or it's cover) and the headlight flaring. I think the headlight flaring can me removed so it looks like a moped instead of a touring bike.

Not sure if that's the fuel tank or a cover.

Tomos is known for adding alot of plastic covers that tends to break easily. Like over the fuel tank, side covers, etc.

Here is what a Tomos TX50 looks like with it's original flairing:

Most of the flaring on mine was busted when I got it. I removed the fuel tank cover,side panels and the oval number plate and I think it looks much better with out it. Seems like the rear fenders always break on these bikes so I made one out of fiberglass. Have not been able to ever find a new or used one off Ebay. I've contacted people on Ebay parting out TX50s and nobody seems to have a rear fender.

The fuel tank rusted out so I replaced it:

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account