1300 $ kit for puch. what a deal.

Troll Arsenault /

Better hurry. Only 1 left. Don't be fooled by cheaper kits. Man I feel like an idiot buying those athena kits.......

Who bought 5 of these?

Screenshot_2014-08-26-07-34-51.png
Screenshot_2014-08-26-07-35-30.png

Re: 1300 $ kit for puch. what a deal.

Troll Arsenault /

You get that genuine clone bing too

Ebay vendors will do that when they are actually out of stock of an item. By doing this, they don't have to re-list the item and by jacking up the price, they don't have to worry about selling an item they don't have.

/\ I actually know Steve personally @ CCP and purchase from the warehouse directly, Mars hit it right on the head as I asked Steve why some prices were unrealistic

funny thing is, people still buy it and they usually throw a fit when their money is refunded! ha

I wonder what one of those actually costs when they are in stock? Seems like that kit is setting up a bunch of newbs for failure. Which is kinda sad.

(Ca$$eroller$) Luke Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder what one of those actually costs when

> they are in stock? Seems like that kit is setting

> up a bunch of newbs for failure. Which is kinda

> sad.

why? what are you talking about?

These "complete" kits used to be more popular back in the day before you could get all the individual stuff from retailers in the US. I think they used to cost $290 or something like that.

NB0tt aholetechbro /

What's the point of marking the price up so high when it's out of stock though? Can't you just relist it later when you get everything in stock again?

Arnie Grape Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> (Ca$$eroller$) Luke Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I wonder what one of those actually costs when

> > they are in stock? Seems like that kit is

> setting

> > up a bunch of newbs for failure. Which is kinda

> > sad.

>

>

> why? what are you talking about?

A. Those bing clones are shit.

B. It's being sold as a Complete Speed Kit, which means at least some people with just slap this on with no tuning and just ride it until it inevitably seizes (edited)

nbott, he mentioned that he no longer stocks and doesn't plan on stocking it again, ordering pieces of the puzzle for one customer doesn't yield him really any profit, and as Luke said most who buy the kit just slap it on and really do nothing to tune.

sabsonett is correct as well, I purchased the tomos speed kit, if you will, from him at one point and with my discount it was 250 or so. I have put well over 2000 mi on that top end, and mine came with an amal15 rather than bing clone. actually was worth it in the end

just remembered

the biggest reason he said they leave the old ads and jack the price up is because a majority of the sales have buyer feedback and not running the same ad would remove the positive feedback he's gotten over the years of running the business

made sense to me, I guess

more positive feedback = shows up higher in eBay listings and more often in searches etc? he is a power seller or whatever

When you unlist the item, you lose the "5 sold" count, and it's a pain in the ass to recreate ads if you list many things.

So.... the $1300 kit doesnt actually come with a Puch? Dammit I want my money back!!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account