Child Raising, Rearing and transport

fallout Survivor /

Lacking on the moped forum is a discussion of children, family, child raising and child transport using mopeds.

How many have legal child transport equipment for their children on their moped.

Pictures please.

Re: Child Raising, Rearing and transport

It's not legal untill the child is old/big enough to not be in a car seat. Then it's just riding dubs.

image.jpg

simon thokaar /

buddy of mine has one of those trailers that attach to a bike for hauling kids in. He fills it with coolers and beer instead tho. He gets funny looks from people that think hes blowing his exhaust into kids faces.

My baby LOVES MOPADS!!!!

(edited)

Owen Walker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's not legal untill the child is old/big enough

> to not be in a car seat. Then it's just riding

> dubs.

Holy crap that is adorable.

Ash Bandit Wrote:

> Owen Walker Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's not legal untill the child is old/big

> enough

> > to not be in a car seat. Then it's just riding

> > dubs.

>

> Holy crap that is adorable.

Right!? He begs for it.

Overpriced Parts /

Owen Walker Wrote:

> It's not legal untill the child is old/big enough

> to not be in a car seat. Then it's just riding

> dubs.

With no front fender or fork brace on your XK you're both gonna to do a face plant if you break too hard when you turn or hit a hole when the bars are turned

What a little cuite! No offense, Owen, but I'm referring to your son :)

Yeah, ken. I know. And Shelly, he's way cuter than I ever was. And I was fuckin cute.

ah man thats great.

my kid loves working on mopeds and moto's, but get him within about 5 feet of a running one and he looses his shit.

hoping he grows out of that, lucky for him most of my bikes spend more time getting worked on than they do running.

I dunno, I feel like this is a really solid and supportive community for families, I know a lotta folks here have kids and seems most all of em share the hobby pretty intimately with their youngins.

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

So John Mastro wants to know all about the ins and outs of child rearing. Seems legit.

So, any solutions for carrying a little one safely on a moped?

Thought about the bike trailer, but the exhaust... And a sidecar for a bike is super pricey and may not work with a moped...

Not sold on the riding doubles, as little feet can get caught in chains or worse...

with my three, its all about teaching. If they cant change a tire when they hit 12 they are not men. As far as riding, only 12 and older.

The only thing I can think of is one of those child seats they make for bicycles, they mount over rear wheel. I would prob not put a really small child on a moped at all, unless to ride around the yard, at least where I live traffic is so nuts and the driving skills so poor that anything can happen, and I could never live with myself were a kid to get hurt unnecessarily, I don't think I would even put a kid on a bicycle, trailer or otherwise unless on a bike only trail. Just too dangerous.

I read that:

Child Raising, Rearing, and Torment.

Eric Jaromin Wrote:

> So, any solutions for carrying a little one safely

> on a moped?

>

> Thought about the bike trailer, but the exhaust...

> And a sidecar for a bike is super pricey and may

> not work with a moped...

>

> Not sold on the riding doubles, as little feet can

> get caught in chains or worse...

Like I was saying. It's illegal if the kid is not old enough to not be in a car seat. You can make higher passenger pegs and wheel shields. I'm also fairly positive that any passenger is required to ride behind you. I have a friend that rides motorcycles and took his son on a trip with him when he was just barely legal (not that kind of barely legal you sick fucks) anyway, he made a big belt with handles for his kid to hang onto cause he couldn't reach around his waist.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account