Where to Buy Parts in Chicago?

So I know there are a lot of you out there in Chicago. Just curious where are your favorite parts shops in the area, with an emphasis on the southwest side. Obviously I shop at MOPED all the time and the Pep Boys on Elston and Logan stocks alot of parts I need, but they are both kind of a trek for me. So what's your opinion?

Re: Where to Buy Parts in Chicago?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Buy online.....https://www.treatland.tv/

I didn't post that because I don't know Chicago but yes. This summer I get parts in 3 or 4 days from Ca. to Va. Moped Division and Myrons Mopeds I can say are good too.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

LOL! if you think moped parts are down on the corner. If its not at MOPED, its in the mail. Some small engine places might, just might have fuel filters and fuel line.

Yea I always crack up when dudes come into the shop and look at stuff...

Customer - "Do you have any more of these pipes?"

Us - "Umm youre holding the only 2 pipes that were ever made for your bike and one hasnt been made for years...."

People really dont understand how lucky they are to have a moped shop where they can go hold and look at parts.

Anywhere else you go in Chicago is just Home depot, Autozone, or a hardware store and they will have no idea how to help.

Damn I didn't expect so much hostility. I mean I know there are very few places to get actual moped parts, but there are a lot of places where you can find more generic tools, cleaners, stuff like that. For example I'm looking for spark plugs now and most auto parts stores don't carry them, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any power sports stores or something.

You should be able to get NGK B6Hs plugs, or generic stuff at any auto parts store, they may have to order them that's why mail order is the only way for me to go. This is not hostility , this is honesty. Welcome to this bunch .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account