Re: moped bobber seat? skateboard seat? share with me

A non-dummy would just reshape the foam on the stock seat pan and recover

K guess I'll just get used to it and ignore the ignorant comments lol

Hmmmm I could get my grandma to upholster it for me too haha. That would be a good way to get a flat skinny bobber seat that attaches to the stock seat attachments. I've actually seen alot of builds where people did that to the same seat I have. I'd have to go buy some pleather tho mines faded lol. (edited)

if you cut from the bottom of the foam you could use the stock upholstery and just shorten the overhang

custom seats are a bitch to get to look right. it's more work than people realize and typically, as mentioned, the skate seat comes more out of availability and accesibility than a desire for a specific look. the point being it's usually the half-ass option, a cop-out to making your seat proper - and with that most wind up looking pretty janky

as a result, the skateboard seat gets a negative light, not saying you can't make it good, but people sortof expect a shitty job when you set out of a skateboard "bobber" themed seat

When you're looking at cheapest ways to do it too, like having your grandparents cover it, you're going down a path towards a shitty seat.

Dude i'm no exception either, i made a seat a while ago and it turned out like super ugly shit. But the point is if you're not willing to spend the time and/or money to do it very right, you're better off working with your original seat or buying a seat made

Well my original option was buying a seat made but I can't find a short and flat seat like I desire I can just buy and slap on there. My grandma does a legit ass job with upholstery so it would be very legit haha I know that sounds stupid. Money and times not the problem and I get the skateboard looking cheap but to me I've spent a lot of time looking at builds and personally that's what caught my eye the most!!

Just a point of reference for the cost of a skateboard vs. professionally recovering a seat. I just got the seat for our pinball run bike reupholstered, I paid $60 for a shitty moby seat but the pattern was good enough to use to make a new one, the foam was good enough that it just needed a thin layer added, I went with a specialty marine grade vinyl which added $20 (but I get the leftovers which is enough to do a few more seats), and it was a rush job (dropped it of yesterday and will be done on Friday), this cost me $160.

So you can have a skate board seat for around $20 or you can have a baller show quality seat for $220; I'm sure there are in-betweens and if you can sew it will be cheaper but either way a nice looking seat usually isn't cheap.

Emil Kniemel /

you moped 10 miles in 15mins? thats really good. my 7 mile commute takes almost 30 mins.

vibration of the seat never bothers me much cause i put my weight on my legs and kinda hold myself on the pedals. like a bicycle.

otherwise its ball smash city.

Haha yeah its gonna be ball smash city all day if I do the skateboard seat. I didn't expect everyone to hate on the idea so much but at the end of the day the only person I'm really trying to please is myself (talking about the looks again not comfort I don't look forward to smashed nuts and prep. H in my tool bag) and I don't go 10 miles in 15 minutes your completely correct I was just spitting out numbers- bottom line is right now my condenser overheats after 10 minutes anyways so I never ride far. Normally I can make it to my destination and let it cool and make it home without it dying because as I stated before wilmington is small therefore most rides are less than 3 or 4 miles. 7 miles at half an hr means your averaging under 15 miles per hr haha must have some traffic factored in there too.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account