moped bobber seat? skateboard seat? share with me

Does treatland or 1977 not have seats like this?? I cut an old bamboo short sector 9 board to fit and It's going to require Me to cut the bike seat opening ( not used for the stock seat) and the metal piece sticking up that the stock seat slides onto so it will be irreversible. Anyone got ideas on where I could get a small flat seat like seen in the picture that I could mount without having to do these permanent cuts? I think it might be necessary even if I got a small little bobber seat however. What did you guys do for custom seats

13_07_2012_revdub_puch_moped_general_mayhem_05.jpg

Re: moped bobber seat? skateboard seat? share with me

skateboard + bolts + styrofoam insulation and pleather if you like squishy buns time

...and that one looks like it's using rubber stoppers or something on some real gangster angle iron brackets...you'll probably need to make some level of permanent change if you intend to be a real G

Oh good idea I guess if I cut it so the skateboard sits flat and I drill holes for it in the frame I could bolt it down and it would be permanent but if I ever wanted a squishier leather seat I could just wrap the skateboard, and make my own custom seat. Here's a picture of what I was messing with last night.

Screenshot_2014-08-20-08-32-28.png

Some inspiration on the skateboard idea... i found alottt on 1977 garage & on google

Screenshot_2014-08-20-08-32-08.png

alex blythe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh good idea I guess if I cut it so the skateboard

> sits flat and I drill holes for it in the frame I

> could bolt it down and it would be permanent but

> if I ever wanted a squishier leather seat I could

> just wrap the skateboard, and make my own custom

> seat. Here's a picture of what I was messing with

> last night.

that looks so awful

Yeah obviously because I haven't cut the bracket and stuff down so it can sit correctly..... it would look better once I make the necessary changes I was just trying to give an idea of what I'm doing.....

if I were doing it, I would throw a door hinge on the front and put that b*tch on springs...

Damn that would be legit I'll have to look when I get home at what I could mount the door hinge on, great idea!! But I think I'll probably go with a simple mount, comfort isn't really a factor for me

clearly you have yet to receive your testicles

Are you saying that because I don't want to do all the modifications required for the door hinge and springs or because the simple bolted skateboard seat is going to literally cause me to smash my balls hahaha

^ hard mounting a seat with zero padding eh? Might want to invest in some hemorrhoid cream.

Hmm like i said comforts not really a factor I'm not gonna be making any long journeys on this thing & worst case scenario I put some foam on the board and wrap it in leather like suggested earlier. I've had a hemorrhoid before so I think i have some cream somewhere already :p

Skateboard seat? that's awesome!!

So, you're just going to stand on it when you ride your moped???

Haha hahahaha wtf no I'm not gonna stand on it but that would be fucking sick. Here's another picture that gave me the original idea. I mean cmon if your gonna tell me that doesn't look bad ass then we just have too very different styles but that's okay :) how comfortable do you think this guy's bike is

Screenshot_2014-08-20-11-44-28.png

Go to Kmart and buy a complete kids skateboard that has no concave ($20)

Cut it to fit....I used an old pool float mat as my foam (shaped it with a grinder and sanding wheel) and sewed up a cover out of vinyl......brat seat!...and done.

Emil Kniemel /

your sewing skills are impressive dan

Dan's looks good.

When I see a skateboard seat all I can think is that the bike belongs to a someone lazy; most of the time the rest of the bike looks like that as well.

Speaking of a hinge and springs...

(edited)

hinge and spring seat pan.jpg

Dan- that's awesome. Exactly what I was thinking thanks for the great pics and the pool float idea! I personally enjoy mcguyvering things even if some think it's laziness. Derek- I get the laziness look it does kind of look that way, but I skate alot and I made the seat out of an old bamboo board that has sentimental value to me and many many good memories.

Emil- that's bad ass as hell but I'm not that engineering savvy yet this is my first build ever I'm struggling with the carb and throttle cable right now so I'm new to this hands on custom fabrication stuff.

Oof I got names mixed up on that last post apparently the Derek comment and last one to emil was both for emil... yall can figure it out lol

I used to smoke weed too.

whats the point of riding a moped when you dont ride it long enough to have sitting on a skateboard bother you

I live in wilmington nc. To drive across my town from one side to the other it is maybe 10 miles tops. So I will never really be riding for more than 15 minutes. I can deal with a hard seat for 15 minutes. Even if I just wanted my moped to be a garage decoration that's my choice I don't see why yall gotta come in here giving me a hard time about this shit. Once again the seat will not bother me it's not about comfort. Maybe I have a really squishy ass so I don't need padding. I don't think anyone here bought their tiny moped saying wow that looks way more comfortable than any other form of transportation!

Here's my skate deck seat. I had to cut off the stock seat mount and weld some flat stock tabs to the frame to mount it. I put on another layer of foam and covered it in vinyl. The way the concave edges cradle my ass bones makes it one of the most comfy seats I have ever ridden. Plenty of room to move fwd or back for corners or wheelies. In the picture, the tank rests on the seat. It is getting a tab welded to it to bolt to the seat. The great thing about wood seats is you can just screw things to them or use captive flange nuts. Pretty easy to make work.

image.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's gonna be uncomfortable, no matter how long your ride is.

Just upholster the board and enjoy it forever.

Owen that's sick! And yes I'm stoked to be able to simply screw my new led tail light into the skateboard! And I think for now I've decided if I do the skateboard seat I'm gonna not upholster it because I really like the skateboard look, especially considering I'd be putting one of my old skateboards on there that has sentimental value to me. If I ever sell it though (which I doubt i will) I'll probably upholster it then. Or when I can't take the ass bruises anymore haha

Dirty30 Dillon /

You can screw stuff to steel too...

lol @ adding Prep H to your mandatory moped toolkit.

Yeah I know that lol but I'll probably be changing this thing alot if I keep this hobby going and actually get it running nicely... and if I keep chopping it up and putting holes in it everywhere eventually there's gonna be no moped left!! And the way the tail light I bought is it would just be nicer to be able to screw it into a wooden skateboard. Damn I didn't think I'd get this many smart ass comments of course I know I can screw into metal my impact driver will go through about anything. Especially if I use my hammer drill and drill a hole first..... This is how I already established earlier In this thread that I was thinking of mounting the seat. Cmon yall stop giving me a hard time

alex blythe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ... Damn I didn't think I'd get this many

> smart ass comments of course I know I can screw

> into metal my impact driver will go through about

> anything. Especially if I use my hammer drill and

> drill a hole first..... This is how I already

> established earlier In this thread that I was

> thinking of mounting the seat. Cmon yall stop

> giving me a hard time

It's MA man

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account