Re: Best overall moped

Lol I almost bought a Solex, I thought I'd do it up like they were in Wille Wonka and the chocolate factory.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Mikebeez Blkblk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Vespa Ciao. Fuck the rest!

This is some truth.

Dillon Ryan Wrote:

> Mikebeez Blkblk Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Vespa Ciao. Fuck the rest!

>

> This is some truth.

I don't even know what that is...

Dirty30 Dillon /

Tim Emmert Wrote:

> Dillon Ryan Wrote:

> -----

> > Mikebeez Blkblk Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Vespa Ciao. Fuck the rest!

> >

> > This is some truth.

>

> I don't even know what that is...

Me neither, and I have 4...

Tim Emmert Wrote:

> Lol I almost bought a Solex, I thought I'd do it

> up like they were in Wille Wonka and the chocolate

> factory.

Well. They are built like tanks, Get 200MPG, Start every time, Require next to no maintenance and can be had on Craigslist for $100.

Great to just zip over to the store or something.

One of the problems with mopeds is that they are just so old, what could be a very reliable machine can be a pos due to neglect or poor storage or being thrashed by previous owner, the best bet is to try and find unmolested machines, this is not an easy feat any more. Both my PA-50II and 50v were purchased from original owners and required very little to set running in stock form, they had not been disassembled or modified. When you buy a basket case you get the inherent defects of the particular model, (they all have weak points) plus whatever the previous owner has broken trying to "improve" or "fix" it. A complete running bike is the best bet for a new rider, it will cost you more, but you will get more enjoyment from it, and as it breaks down you will have a starting point of how it was supposed to look when it was running.

Kori K Wrote:

> Tim Emmert Wrote:

> -----

> > Lol I almost bought a Solex, I thought I'd do

> it

> > up like they were in Wille Wonka and the

> chocolate

> > factory.

>

> Well. They are built like tanks, Get 200MPG, Start

> every time, Require next to no maintenance and

> can be had on Craigslist for $100.

> I have always wanted a Solex, for the weird factor, but don't trust riding one where I live, too slow! :( would make great wall art or a campground bike, I rarely ever see them for sale in my area.

> Great to just zip over to the store or something.

Patrick Keaton /

That quote is to read:

Vespa Ciaio or Variant Sport

If he had to choose between the 2,he would most likely choose the Variant Sport.

Tomos is the best moped. No doubt. Fo sho. Don't listen to anyone else. Everything else sucks because it breaks down every 50 miles. My tomos broke down just 3 times going across the country about 4000 miles.

Puch just sounds gay. Minarelli sounds like you carry small dicks.

Oh ye and if youre over 28 years old and you still ride a moped,

...theres just no help for you. Ask yourself why you dont have a ferrari yet? just why? makes no sense

ps.vespas are for pussies (edited)

Atta boy HomeboyRus... it's about time you chimed in! Keep posting

your words of wisdom to amuse us.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I rode my Derbi from Seattle to Aberdeen to Portland, almost 300 miles with perfect reliability.

Re: Best overall cockrod

This bitch rode my Cockrod to space and back. Perfect reliability and said it was a great ride.

1980 SACHS 505 1-D G-3...Nuff Said ! ~

LOL @ Homeboy up there......

I'm 45 and have a healthy little Tomos, but for me, it's just a toy - nostalgia, if you will. And I have three vehicles overall, but unfortunately, no Ferrari until I hit the lottery ;)

a wise frenchman once said to me,

"the best wine is the wine you like best"

which certainly applies to much more than wines

although the caveat that i always like to add is that only an ignorant fool could make a decision until he'd tried every wine...

Dirty30 Dillon /

Kori K Wrote:

> can be had on Craigslist for $100.

When I see this, I'll own a solex

^I second that!

Mikey Antonakakis /

I bought my 94 Tomos Bullet TT in running condition, but it needed a little love. I put the 45mm Alukit on it, Techno Circuit, upgeared a bit, and VM20. Does 45 all day. Give it a good tuck with a slight downhill and it'll touch 50. I have probably 600 miles on that build? Never replaced crank seals or anything. Clutch material died right away, I reshoed it and no trouble since in all those miles. Never left me stranded. Even when the clutch material got all eaten away it would still drive. Looks cool enough with the clubman handlebars, people find it entertaining. Starts first kick, no matter how long it has been sitting. Get on it and riiiiiide. Big gas tank is nice too.

Bought a basket-case Peugeot 103. Polini case, race crank, VM18, Doppler pipe, blablabla. Been pretty reliable so far with over 300 miles on it. Stock handlebars, longer seat, super comfy, with variator tuned properly no hills can stop it, pretty dang fast too.

Got a super sketchy Motron with a V1. Right side pedal cut off. Front wheel is all banged up and vibrates like crazy. Brakes? Ha! Did a full tear-down of the motor and replaced all seals, gaskets, bearings, made everything nice and clean. 75cc Polini, EV Turd-o, VM20. A little tricky to get started with a worn starter clutch and high compression kit, and runs out of fuel VERY fast with that kit and carb and 0.6gal tank. But with blue springs in the clutch very fun.

Don't get a Batavus unless you hate yourself. I have to say though, they ride very nicely, very comfy. Their engines and clutches just suck though.

My point? They're as good as you make them. Any bike can be reliable, or comfy, or sketchy, or whatever. It's up to you.

I thought we were talking about mopeds not women, my bad.

Jason Jason Bobason /

Kamasura, hands down.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account