Legality question

So, say I purchase my first 49cc moped. I live in Illinois by the way, I get it registered, plated, inspected(if the title doesn't state its displacement). I upgrade to a 70cc kit so I can get more speed out of it, would it even be noticeable cosmetically? Anyone from Illinois have to do yearly inspections so they can confirm you are still rocking 49cc/50cc?

Re: Legality question

Do you really think some government pinhead is going to know how to determine displacement, much less actually take the bike apart to look? Fuck no. That would be took much like real work and they got into government to avoid all that.

Just make sure the cylinder doesn't have 70 or 80 stamped on it and your fine. You could even fake a 50 stamp if you wanted to be all anal, shit-scared, piss-puppy about it.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

...............and don't get caught going over 30mph, other than that, blast.

Well honestly I could care less, I just wanted to be informed.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

More searching, more lurking. We lose our helpful attitude with endless Q's about re-hashed topics.

I couldn't find much info on it to be honest. I normally do a brisk search before I ask. Illinois' moped laws are extremely vague.

Stock 49cc on floor 80cc kit on moped can you tell any difference?

093.JPG
091.JPG
086.JPG

It doesn't exist here but across the pond where people are required to gave restricted motorcycle licenses due to age, the police will bring out a portable dyno "rolling road" to determine output.

You are safe here though with officer doonothing.

That just sounds like a free dyno test to me.

simon thokaar /

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ...............and don't get caught going over

> 30mph, other than that, blast.

i was doing 45 the otherday and saw a cop pop on his cherrys and pull a U turn. He ended up getting the guy on a chinese scooter that was on the far sidewalk.

Harvey's right................you see a cop,SLOW down quickly. Ride like it's a 30mph ped and you'll be fine. Ride too fast and they can impound it and fine you.

Ohio has some pesky State Patrols out there.Ask anyone who drives out of WV or KY or IN about OSP. don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account