MOTOPED SURVIVAL BIKE.

Does anyone know how much this will set me back if I get it?

Site where the pic came from.

Re: MOTOPED SURVIVAL BIKE.

Any Good junk Dealer will haul it away for free...just kidding...i(PS) get ready to be Razzed on this one , i can hear the trolls line up even now....

blarga flarga /

I want that so bad now

Urbanite, mall ninja, horseshit.

Damn this bike is getting around!

Well first off... the frame kit is $1500 or so. The engine you can find in clone form all over the interwebs/in true honda form all over the interwebs and forums and junkyards. All the extra stuff will easily set you back another $5000.

Have fun...

No kick stand? I do like the gas can idea. (edited)

I am so fucking tired of seeing this bike.

its a chinese

b hat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> its a chinese

The only Chinese part is the engine. The rest is a frame kit from MotoPed. You buy the kit, toss on your honda or clone of choice, and cruise around some trails or parks.

JOE " MB5S ARE THE BEST MOPEDS EVER" PEG Wrote:

> I am so fucking tired of seeing this bike.

πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– /

This is the first time seeing it for me. There's prolly some info on the price if you get a newspaper and look in the Walmart adds. I think you should buy one and ride it up and join the military since you think it's so bad ass. Or get all your buddies to buy one and you guys could have a pretend war

It's the Swiss army knive of mopeds. (edited)

Pretty cool setup. Probably be around 18 grand complete if sold retail.

πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– /

did xeta build this?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

You should go for this instead. (edited)

survival bike.jpg

Get rid of the weapons or trade them for a real seat and it would be a good ride... 30min. on that seat and it's over...

G.I.JOKE

Marsβ„’   Wrote:

> JOE " MB5S ARE THE BEST MOPEDS EVER" PEG Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I am so fucking tired of seeing this bike.

I wonder why there is so much nastiness in this thread towards a simple bike, Who knew moped people were such bike snobs?

I like it because it has pedals and can have a 50cc engine and it is a dual sport but It is out of my $1,500 dollar range if the price is above 2,000 so I guess I will just keep looking.

Like Bobby says,that seat would just not DO. I like your Batavus though,Erin.

And it's nobody's business but yer own what you like. We're just fanatics about real mopeds,usually built heavier than bicycles.

I think riding it would get tiresome for me,because I'm used to big cushy seats and suspensions on StretMates and Motomarina Sebrings and the like.

Don't tkae the bad-mouthing personal. don-ohio (:^)

I don't like it because it's ugly, expensive, and I can't think of the right word right now but the notion that anyone is going to use this to "survive" is nonsense. This thing is a giant spoiler on a Honda Civic.

If you're going to spend a couple grand on a dual sport bike, just buy an actual dual sport motorcycle. (edited)

Marsβ„’   Wrote:

>

> If you're going to spend a couple grand on a dual

> sport bike, just buy an actual dual sport

> motorcycle.

Does the dual sport your referring to have pedals and have a dependable 50cc engine ? If so please provide me a link.

I just think it's silly and pointless. You'll have an awkward uncomfortable moped on road, and a really weak dirtbike off road. You can get a dual sport motorcycle and a moped off craigslist both for less than this thing will cost.

So why does anyone here ride a moped when they can ride a REAL motorcycle instead of a weak and silly moped?

Erin . Wrote:

> Marsβ„’   Wrote:

> -----

>

> >

> > If you're going to spend a couple grand on a

> dual

> > sport bike, just buy an actual dual sport

> > motorcycle.

>

>

>

>

> Does the dual sport your referring to have pedals

> and have a dependable 50cc engine ? If so please

> provide me a link.

A moped has those things...

buildin one from scratch with some welding skills would probably not cost more than a few hundred bucks, so why buy one for thousands.

its just a moped with a single rear shock absorber a chinese engine and some military surplus stuck onto it

Christopher C Wrote:

> Marsβ„’   Wrote:

> -----

> > JOE " MB5S ARE THE BEST MOPEDS EVER" PEG Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > I am so fucking tired of seeing this bike.

^THIS.

HEY GUISE IT'S A MOPAD!!!!

smh (edited)

What I don't understand, and nobody seems to mention, is that with all of the thought and planning put into a bike made to survive on during the apocalypse or whatever, you still have bicycle tires that are probably speed rated at 15mph, and probably not radial. Do they think that the only functional businesses post apocalypse will be bike shops with spare tubes and street sweepers?

Erin . Wrote:

> I wonder why there is so much nastiness in this

> thread towards a simple bike, Who knew moped

> people were such bike snobs?

> I like it because it has pedals and can have a

> 50cc engine and it is a dual sport but It is out

> of my $1,500 dollar range if the price is above

> 2,000 so I guess I will just keep looking.

The hate comes from the fact that...

1. The bike is NOT sold as a complete, kick and go setup. You fork out $1500 for JUST a frame kit. Then you need to put the engine on, whether it's a shitty clone or a true Honda.

2. That front end will probably fold eventually if you have anything more than a 50cc on it.

3. Suuuper high center of gravity.

4. It usues mountain bike disc brakes so again they'll fade out in no time regardless the engine you use.

5. The big one... good luck making it street legal.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account