Moped journey Kick starter feeler

So sometime around next May, maybe earlier if I can't hold out any longer, I'm planning a crops country moped journey, from Tennessee, to Portland Oregon, up to Alaska, back down through southern states on the way home, no accommodations (ideally) just a moped and nature and camping gear and spare parts. A few friends have thrown out the idea of a kick starter to help me get things going a little easier (donation/fundraiser/whatever)

I originally planned on saving up my own money, but any extra won't hurt I suppose, I don't want to get too excited about the idea unless I know something will come of it. So, would anybody actually contribute?

Re: Moped journey Kick starter feeler

No. Diy man.

Like I said, that's what i plan on doing, saving from now till then, the only community help I actually may want is a couch to crash on here and there, and somewhere to stay if I need to get something shipped to me

Go to Walter Muma's site and get some ideas.He already did an 11,500 mi. trip up into Inuit country,and back to Toronto in 1978. don-ohio (:^)

I've read everything on that sight about 10 times over! Such a good read, and the page has been up on my phone for about 2 months now

Homeboy rus pt. 2

Andrew Squiggman /

Chris HnRz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Homeboy rus pt. 2

haha.

Hey man, I'm building a Mow-Ped for in case I want to do this I can mow some grass along the way and be self sufficient

My feelings feel bad on this feeler.

Call me crazy but when I want to do something for myself, by myself that will only benefit me, I tend to think coming up with the money to do so should be (you guessed it) my responsibility.

Now, who wants to buy me lunch?

get an extra job or something to pay for your own shit.

want to go to mexico next year and working 60hrs a week now to pay for it

Emil Kniemel /

its a sad state of affairs that a few of your friends/you have this logic of "i want to do something but dont want to pay for it so ill start a kickstarter"

i thought kickstarters were for usually for novel/interesting business ideas that are difficult to get funding for by traditional means (bank loan whatever).

all youre doing is asking for people to.. fund your trip?

i want to go on vacation to hawaii.. im going to start a kickstarter.

Ok guys nobody has to be a dick, I clearly stated I plan on doing this myself, I made this post to basically show the people who suggested it that donation will not happen. I don't need it to happen, I don't need to work extra hours to do this myself, it was just an idea. I didn't start the kick starter, I just wanted to get thoughts on it. And it's obviously a shitty idea

You say that now but what if we all said it was a great idea?

You got me there. I wasn't expecting anybody to say that though. I should stop posting at 4am. I'll post about this trip again when it closer to time, but with more appealing words not involving money.

No need for this thread to continue

If you want to go the route of a kickstarter you need to consider what does the person that donates get in return for their investment. If you can somehow think of a way to make it worthwhile, some sort of entertainment factor such as daily updates, video interviews of the wierd-ass people, and pictures of the places you encounter on the way, then I'd say go for it. But then you wouldn't be riding for your own enjoyment. You'd have turned the trip into a business venture and there would be alot of responsibility to provide a good product equivalent to the funding provided.

Yeah, I'm bringing a go pro and will video document the whole trip, and well as written journal and photos, which I will post, but not for business, just for show, maybe get some other people stoked to do it too, and I will have an option for people to follow the entire trip, via thread and photos and Instagram, but that is also just for show, no other purpose.

Axid, I was thinking along your lines also, when it comes to a documentary

themed adventure which could be educational and helpful to others thinking

of doing similar trips in the future. If the content of the venture (language, drinking, etc.) was kept to acceptable levels, he may even talk to PBS stations to see if one may be interested in doing the documentary themselves, with your cooperation of course.

Well to clear things up a bit, I don't even drink, atleast not regularly, just for occasions. I'm a bit hard with language, but that because of work stress and other related things, maybe the tranquility of not having to deal with that would keep my mouth a little more clean, but I don't necessarily want THAT much attention, atleast from the start, of it came to that I would gladly accept it though I'm sure

Julie the Wizard /

make stickers

stickers fucking rock.

I may, A good friend of mine started a local skateboard company called "low budget" and he's going to use me for advertisement, give me a few boards to use while I'm out, and stickers to put everywhere so everyone sees it. I think my local record store wants to use me for advertisement as well, but as far stickers for myself, coming up with cool name/slogan is not my forte

Ethan is THE FUCKING SHIT. He is probably more meticulous even than myself when wrenching from what I've seen, and I feel like that's pretty damn meticulous.

I really hope the trip happens Ethan... You started the routing yet? Planning on camping? state parks? crashing couches? seems like you could crash couches and state parks all the way to the coast pretty easy. Alaska, not so much, but you'll probably have more fun that way ;)

I feel like asking for support on the trip (couch crash, emergency parts, pickups, etc) is probably more likely than anyone contributing cash funds especially before hand.

I hope it happens,Ethan,but I hope mainly you'll be uninjured thru it all. don-ohio (:^)

Thanks Ryan for tha always encouraging words! You rule! And don't worry this trip IS happening. As far a route goes, google maps avoid highways and toll roads is the base of it, but I don't see myself sticking with a particular route, I'll probably start the day routing to the nearest campsite/national park that leads me in the right direction, going wherever whenever along the way, but making sure to head to a camp zone/couch before dark.

As far as Alaskan hospitality goes, a co worker of mine is from Alaska and has family there, she will remind me to give her contact information closer to time so she can arrange somewhat of a "home base" for me while I'm there, only thing that's going to suck it getting a passport to cross the Canadian border.

Tell ya what Ethan. If you can get your moped up to Alaska, whip out your dick, and take a photo near some city limit sign to verify your location, and holding a cardboard sign with "This ones to you, Ken"...I'll gladly donate $10 to the cause. I'll kick it up a notch to $20 if you contribute to the Moped Babe Butts and get a hot girl to pose with you at the same time showing off her assets as well. Until then, I'd like to finish my Magnum build and need about $400 for a kick ass paint job on the plastics and powdercoat on the frame. Feel free to pitch in to my build by sending me a PayPal. It will make you feel good, I guarantee. Good luck on your trip my friend and say hello to Home Boy Russ if you pass him in you travels.

I won't whip out my peck, but like I said, I will post pictures, and again about the donation, it's a feeler post, I'm building with my own money, I'm traveling with my own money, it was just an idea. I don't know who Russ is but in stoked other people are doing this, it's way cooler than working 75 percent of your life and trying to cram happiness in with after midnight wrenching

Re: Homeboy is our lord and savior

Did someone mention my name again?

Do it brother fuck these pansies this site ain't nothing but a cesspool of trannies

Homeboy Rus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do it brother fuck these pansies this site ain't

> nothing but a cesspool of trannies

you called me on this one.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account