Acquired a Honda CH80, o it running, title problems.

Aaron Goff /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi all, I recently acquired a 2001 Honda CH80, after a through going thru, cleaning, and reassembly it runs like a champ p to 40MPH, everything works, tires hold air, etc. I got this thing for almost nothing.

Here is the issue, I have the title, as in, in my hands, but the owner listed has passed away, the wife has power of attorney, and has signed it as such, and the guy I got it from signed on the buyers column.

I did go speak with the DMV here in FL earlier today, and the ONLY way they gave me to get this title is to find the death certificate as it is public record, if I can get that, and the guy who I got it from to go spend an afternoon at the DMV, we could get the title in my name to the tune of $300 plus whatever fees are associated with me finding the death cert. This whole plan just wreaks of requiring the cooperation of to many government employees.(lucky to get one to cooperate)

So, is it possible to get a clean title from someone and the VIN plate?

Or do I just sell it on as is with no title. if so, what should one ask for such a thing?

IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0023.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account