Hobbity Turn Signals

Julie the Wizard /

Hey guys,

Don't know if anyone's ever looked, but is there any way to like, add turn signals to hobbits? I just found out it's illegal to drive a moped here at night without illuminated siignals. Without a doubt I'll probs get nicked with a ticket if I ignore it.

I looked at the other thread, I think really the only issue I'm having is finding just a switch that doesn't have a bunch of redundant controls.

Also how do you feed wires through the handlebars.

Also what's the diifference between hobbits that have battery boxes and those that don't? Did some models just come with that? I don't eve know.

Re: Hobbity Turn Signals

That Puch switch was cheaper than any of the others and they all had redundant switches. Who told you about turn signals at night? Running wires means drilling holes not a good idea on handle bars it would weaken them.

Julie the Wizard /

there's existing holes in the handlebars for the wires already run. should be able to fit two more easy.

http://www.odot.state.or.us/forms/dmv/6367.pdf

I just saw in there that if built after 1973 they require amber turn signals

http://team-oregon.org/resources/motorcyclelaws/

... Oh wait

http://www.centralpointoregon.gov/police.aspx?id=563

Motorized scooters aren't, then. Just motorcycles. I was confused. Good thing I didn't buy anything. Yeah eff that, then.

Oh wait.. Haha.. This must be just county specific laws for central point. Goddamnit, shit's hard to find for Lane County. :(

But still, battery boxes. How the fuck do they work (edited)

Your not talking about the box a battery sits in but maybe a regulator?

Stephanie Rose /

Yup and someone's selling some turn signals for a hobbit on the buy sell forum right now

you seem to know your way with wiring/circuits, you should design a setup using these and a simple 9v battery tucked into the underseat toolbox. no need for bulky 12v battery , the 9v should last quite a while if only used for led blinkers, i run an extra 12 led strip taillight at night and the battery lasts forever.

Julie the Wizard /

lol no you're all wrong.

I'm talking about the battery box, I don't give a fuck about the battery, I wouldn't even bother one installing on a hobbit ever.

Do some models just have battery boxes and some don't? I think they look cool, but I've never seen one attached

Yup 82 and after have that triangle cover with a bucket welded to the frame behind it. It's on the frame. There are many similar controls made by Honda that will keep you looking stock but have the left/right selector. Look at an Express and Urban Express left hand control and see if that's it.

Julie the Wizard /

oh hey yeah, I see that on the picture in buy/sell.

Good to know. I guess I will look a bit harder to see if I actually need turn signals in lane county at night and if I don't fuck it. possible person telling me this was wrong.

Actually, these hobbit controls seem mostly interchangeable. You can use a hobbit top of the control and an express bottom where they match up and the screw holes line up. I have this on one of my mopeds.

Take a bottle off dish soap and squirt it in the handle bar hole. Fish a coat hangar wire or bailing/tie wire from one to the other. Tape them wires to it and pull them thru

Yes, some models of hobbits have battery boxes and turn signals. No, it's not worthy putting them on your hobbit. Go to a bike shop and buy some led battery powered turn signals and mount those on. Makes the bike legal and does not mess with the stock harness at all. Plus they last a long time on a battery.

Julie the Wizard /

cool, yeah that makes sense, guys. Thanks for the tips. :)

You were right I read The post you put about night requirements in the Organ law book, it says you have to comply with same equipment as motorcycles. Did you see the page are you a poser? You have to be a blonde girl with tattoos LOL. I would like to see what other states require it seems no two are the same.

Julie the Wizard /

Crap I don't have blonde hair or tattoos. I will work on that.

You could wear your bunny ears.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account