new meow ped

Julie the Wizard /

I uh... yeah.. 2nd moped ever.. called up the guy and made a deal and new moped.

Soooold.

I'm pretty excite. It looks fantastic.

Re: new meow ped

And you thought it was a scam. Sly cat.

That looks clean, congrats!

looks brand mew meow

Some touch up paint on the tank and you'll have one of the cleanest PA50's around.

Julie the Wizard /

now to tear into it with a chainsaw.

jk..

Need to replace the tires, fuel line, get additional inline filter, check rubbers. It's probably all fine now but no reason to not do additional maintenance on it. Get those paint marks fixed.

I' ll probably get it paint matched for codes and post the color codes here so if anyone ever needs hobbit yellow they'll have preciseness.

mostly I'm just happy it has the red knoby turny thing -and- keys. That's cool. Now I can have a startup procedure like a rocketship.

kccssh. Fuel line online. Switchy knobby inhibitor online. ignition primed. engine decompressed. drive engaged. riiiiip *pedalpedalpedal*

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Stephanie Rose /

His wife made him part with it finally!! Yay glad it's going to a good home

I was expecting a cat themed moped..I'm disappointed.

It has taken all of 5 years to understand a fantastic looking hobbit. I really did saw at least 7 of them into other concoctions. They we're restorable I guess but that isn't my cup of tea.

Nice moped ya got there!

After turning mine into something different entirely over the years, I do ALSO wish I had a stock one that wasn't as fast to putt around on and see the scenery.

Julie the Wizard /

I couldn't let it sit / be left in the wrong hands. Planning to keep it a nice stocker for rallies / daily driving / scenery cruising.

I'm still restoring my current hobbit, too. Just that's a slower beast. It takes weeks cause processes take time.

Thanks, guys. :)

I started building a hobbit in August of 2011. It's looking good so far. ha!

put fur on it

Stephanie Rose /

I will have a hobbit to call my own one day... but I have enough peds at the moment lol

Just read your thread GREAT Julie it looks marvelous(that's better than fabulous)

Hey, I can get this color matched, my buddy has a sun gun. !

I never thought to do it cuz yellow sucks. But yeah, he'll make it up no problem if yin yeeunnz need it.

Nice! Congrats on your great find! don-ohio (:^)

Julie the Wizard /

So just wanted to tap this thread to let people know that I picked her up yesterday.

I went to enterprise and found out every fucking car rental place in the entire city (and airport) had run out of rental cars. enterprise, avis, budget, everywhere. (fuck)

While with my taxi dude trying to figure out what to do, he offered me his car. (Dude was awesome I almost cried) So I drove off and picked it up. Guy I got the 'ped from and his wife were -super- nice. I couldn't help but croon over the bike's various things. Aside from the scratches and a bit of miniscule bit of rust on the rear vario, it is in prime condition.

Brakes are fantastic (a little squeaky from being new I guess). The air filter is getting old and probably needs replaced (getting close to crumbly). The clutch grabs instantly and it just purrrrrs. I also figured out from looking at it that the drainage tube on the carb on stock models actually threads through the kickstand spring. I didn't know that! That is so cool!

Anyways, after talking with the guy, he had picked up some extra inner tubes and tires from ebay at 17" 2.25 and wanted to know if I'd buy them, and I turned it down. I have some extra stuff at my shop, but by the time we got the bike into the back seat (and it went all the way over the passenger seat lol) he just offered them to me for free.

So got some spare tires in with the deal, too.

I have a bunch of pictures but I haven't posted them, after getting home and eating a sandwich I fell asleep.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me figure out a cheaper to transport it. So excited to title this baby. <3

glad you didn't have to rent a car to pick up. you have enough $ into that bike. you have a good friend to let you use their car.

what color is you other honda?

Julie you seem to have friends now! Was the taxi guy taken?

Man I love a clean hobbit....

Take some close up pics of the scratches so I don't feel so jelly.

What did you pay for it?!?!?!!?

Julie the Wizard /

I paid -way- too much, but you know, it was worth it to me. I would've never really found a moped this good lookin again. (and I'm impatient.) But I will say I did not go over a thousand. So I was able to talk the guy down quite a bit.

Incoming pictures...!

That guy was really nice. He has a girlfriend, hahaha. But I gave him some extra money for gas too, since I filled his tank. The speedometer gave out when I'd gotten to Redmond (woops!) so I felt bad.

Now you don't have to feel so bad! Few scratches, maybe next month I'll take it to a body shop and have them take the marks out. :) Rode it around today a bit and it was soooo fun. Stalled while sitting, so probably needs a little tuning.

Oh, also the little outlet on the exhaust is crimped a little bit, it might need opening up. Was having trouble hitting 30 (was at 27ish).

My favorite part is that the exhaust still has its heat shield. It just looks great.

Beautiful bike, Enjoy! :)

Super clean man....

Still jelly. I would totally potentially pay up to a grand for such a clean bike. I am a bit of a hobbit aficionado.

What was the mileage ?

Ugh.. So clean.

don't worry about the price much, things average out in time. my bet is you'll find another before the leaves fall for under 200.

Julie the Wizard /

miles: 94.2

and it's accurate

the sad thing is before I fell asleep after munching a delicious sandwich was "How will I fit three mopeds in here"

Julie the Wizard /

I just got back from riding to chilis, I was going through the park and just peddlin cause it's such a nice day. Stopped on the bridge over the willamette and some bikey-douchebag in tight-fighting rider gear and one of those stupid lookin helmets yelled at me "can't be on the bridge with that thing".

wasn't running or anything, I was just chillin.

Was so dumbfounded like "bro, are you full retard or something?" But he was gone before I could give him the finger or something.

> some bikey-douchebag in

> tight-fighting rider gear

Sounds familiar!

Julie the Wizard /

tight-fitting. lol. I'm full retard with spelling apparently.

One of these dudes

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account