Bicycle grips?

How many people have used bicycle grip on their moped? I wanted to get some vans waffle grip ones for bmx bikes, if you've done it whAts the best method for getting it on the throttle side?

Re: Bicycle grips?

I had a hard enough time stretching a motorcycle grip over the huge Domino throttle tube. A bicycle grip would need to stretch more.

You can heat the grip up and spray carb cleaner on throttle tube and push it on...

Air compressor, or hair spray. Do not use any wd40 or anything similar its stupid and fucking sucks and I see it all the time.

you can't get the lock-on type grips (like those vans ones) over the throttle side.

You can generally use bicycle grips though.

it's just typically harder on the throttle side. depends alot on the rigidity of the grips too.

Many manufacturers also produce motocross or motorcycle versions that have the larger ID for throttle side.

Yep, bicycle grips are 7/8 on both sides, small motorcycle/moped grips are 7/8 on the left, 1" on the right to go over the throttle. Thin soft grips like oury you can stretch over the throttle. Some grips won't stretch that much and will be so tight that the throttle will bind.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Interesting fact: if you spray carb clean on the soft oury grips, they'll basically disintegrate.

Why bother there are so many grips in $5 to$10 range to choose from and are made for this. Much easer to put on.

You just know some of these grips run down a production line right next to dildos

Give it the jewse!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account