just got a ticket for ' riding a pocket bike '

Jonathan Feldman /

title says all.

ridin to work, get pulled over. get told its a pocket bike. showed him my registration / insurance / etc. he refuses to acknowledge any of my paperwork and insists its a pocket bike despite everything. writes me a ticket and refused to show me in his book why im gettin a ticket untill ive signed the fine line. finally i sign n he shows me a pocket bike in his booklet n tells me that my once street legal moped is a pocket bike. finishing by telling me im lucky hes not gonna impound my moped

so moral of the story: im takin the bacon to court.

any words of advice. ive never really been to court before.

got all the good shit printed. mopeds n pocket bikes defined, pictures, my registration / insurance. anything im forgettin?

Re: just got a ticket for ' riding a pocket bike '

Take all your paper work including Ca law on mopeds and you should not have a problem. The deal is cops don't know the law all the time , the judge doesn't either but if you show you do with documents you should be OK.

I imagine they'll throw it out in court pretty quickly when you provide your paperwork. I bet the officer doesn't even show up.

Stephanie Rose /

Yeah usually the officer doesn't show and you win!

The cop was probably just mad because your noisy "pocket bike" interrupted his quite "pocket pool" game.

How do you register a Pocket-bike, the wheels are too small to register it legally on state roads...

Csb

What is this Moped you were riding?

I suspect that you have the pedals removed and therefore he is within the law in writing you a ticket.

You could bolt the pedals back on and bring it to court but you would only look more foolish when he rolls his dash cam.

Maybe the cops in your area are not so ignorant as you would hope.

You were riding a pocket bike and got pulled over and then tried to show your moped paperwork and the cop said...NOT....

Street Cred!

Should've shot the cop.

Mikebeez Blkblk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Street Cred!

I agree if in fact the guy was blasting a true pocket bike and whuped out reg and insurance for lets say a Ford Bronco.

NB0tt aholetechbro /

Let's see a photo of your mo-pocket-bike :)

Agreed

If you are in the right, and you know it, then you don't sign the ticket. You especially do not sign anything until you are shown the written law you have "broken." You also do not have to show ID or even cooperate if no crime has been committed. By law they are not allowed to even ask.

If you stand up for your rights you will most likely be jailed illegally because cops are on average low IQ pigs on a power trip. Accept it. Afterward you then have the right to sue the cop personally for violation of your constitutional rights and dereliction of his sworn duty, as well as the department and court if they cooperated in the violation.

By cooperating and signing the ticket you consented to this mess. That's how these hired corporate security thugs operate. They police by consent.

Jonathan Feldman /

puch murray. pedals fully intact n all that jazz.

only thing i can think of is my pedal chain was off ( so the pedals were free-spinning ). so i would understand if he issued a ' fix- it ticket ' or something based off my pedals being non-functional. i showed him the pedals very clearly but he very quickly disregarded them completely n told me i need to take this to CHP with my registration n have it re-registered as a motorcycle with new plate n yearly tags.

another key point of interest is he began to take down my peds info n shit on the ticket but stopped halfway n proceeded to cross it out and write ' pocket bike ' in huge letters.

call me a bitch ( which i am ) but what really psyches me out more than anything is having something i have put god knows how many hours into n worked on reallyyyyy hard completely disregarded as anything respectable and thrown into a category of a chinese pocket bike. im sad.

028.JPG

Is there a plate on it?

Jonathan Feldman /

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. showed it to the cop n everything.

010.JPG

I see no pedals, but If you say you had pedals at the scene then put your chain on and take good pics as well as the bike to court with you.

Never bring up the fact that you had non working pedals.

Look for a stock pipe to hang on as well.

If you had factory pedals at the time, you can win.

Jonathan Feldman /

im not entirely sure if theyre the STOCK pedals. this bike has been through a lot of treats sf fuckery.

do you truly think itll go this far? i kinda figured if in my huge stack of paperwork if i have pictures of the ped / plate / chain drive set up.. i shouldnt have any issues.

like call me crazy but isnt it painfully obvious its not a chinese pocket bike?

Ticket valid: must have operational pedals to be a moped in CA

fallout Survivor /

Check CA laws.....

In NE it must have operational pedals to be classified as a moped. The law clearly states if the pedals are removed or not operable, it is considered an off road bike (AKA pocket bike or minibike),, and is illegal to operate on the streets.

So the cop very likely righteously ticketed you for illegally operating a non-moped on the street.

Look at your laws . You may want to make it street legal according to your state definitions of a moped.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/motorcycles/motorcycles.htm

See below:

A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is:

•A two or three-wheeled device, capable of no more than 30 mph on level ground, and equipped with:

– Fully operative pedals for human propulsion.

– A motor producing less than two gross brake horsepower and an automatic transmission.

– An electric motor, with or without pedals for human propulsion. (CVC §406(a))

Driver must have a motorcycle license (M1 or M2).

•A “motorized bicycle” is also defined as a vehicle with pedals and an electric motor (not more than 1,000 watts) which cannot be driven at speeds of more than 20 mph on level ground even if assisted by human power. (CVC §406(b)).

If you operate a motorized bicycle which meets the definition of CVC §406(b), you:

– Must be 16 years of age or older.

– Must wear a properly fitted and fastened bicycle helmet.

– Are exempt from the motor vehicle financial responsibility, driver license, and moped plate requirements (CVC §12804.9). •A motorized bicycle is issued special license plates and identification cards, which requires a one-time $18 fee. No renewal is required. (edited)

The thing is that any traffic citation or Fee imposed by a police officer is a Bill of Attainder, which is prohibited by the constitution. by signing and paying the fee, you are pleading Guilty by No Contest.

You should always demand trial. citizens aren't told this because it's inconvenient.

waa ! You broke the law, now pay!

fallout Survivor /

Wrong: cops always tell you you can go to court....

Jonathan Feldman /

i dont know what to do.. im so bummed out. is this really what the civil system has become? i know im taking this to another level but i just feel like everytime something is even slightly out of the ordinary, cops will just try to smash it out even if they dont have a legitimate reason. i should just buy a boring ninja 250 n live a miserable life.

but all seriousness, if i bring a picture of my moped / picture of license plate / pictures of operational pedals... why should i have any issues? (edited)

Jonathan Feldman /

anyone have any idea how much my ticket would be? part of me wants to go to court n whoop some ass / part of me just wants to pay the fee n go die in a hole

As your attorney I cannot advise you to go to court and lie. Get proper pedals and chain mounted. Then print out good pictures that clearly illustrates that the bike has proper equipment.

Avoid speaking about the bike in past tense. Use sentences with "has" and "is" when talking about the bike.

If the question comes into play "did the bike have proper working pedals at the time of the stop?" well then you have to decide what road to take.

Can the officer disprove with evidence that the bike did not have pedals?

Could the officer been mistaken about what is proper equipment.

See what were saying here?

If you don't want the police up your ass get you bike right. Don't cry when you have to suck the courts cock.

(edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Wow that is the Jankiest bike I've ever seen, You would not get 50 feet from my house before the cops around me would Impound it.

Best bet for you just to go to court the first time and say not guilty then you'll be coming back. When you come back show your plate and your proof of registration/insurance and good chance you will win because your bike is not a pocket bike .

If the ticket is for a pocket bike You win!

"Your honor, Mr. Roffmans statements are hearsay and therefore not admissible" "Move to strike"?

"Thank you your honor"

Jonathan Feldman /

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow that is the Jankiest bike I've ever seen, You

> would not get 50 feet from my house before the

> cops around me would Impound it.

>

sickest shit ive heard in my life. im so stoked.

Eric Davenport /

That is pretty janky even by my standards.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account