Anyone know Yumbo or Hero Majestic mopeds well?

Came across a Yumbo noped for sale.

I have never owned one so I am considering buying it just to fuck around with.

Are Hero Majestics and Yumbos basically the same thing? The little info I have found on them says that they have a sort of mutated Peugeot 102 engine, is that so?

Most importantly I know some of the Hero Majestics came in 60cc

and even 70cc if you were lucky.

From what I can tell the "Hero Majestic Student" was 60cc

and the Yumbo Free seems to be pretty much a copy/rebadge of the student.

Anyone know how to tell just by looking at them what the CCage is?

There seem to be some that are piston ported and some that are case inducted reed valves. Also some are kick start and some are pedal start. There are different air filter systems on the pport/CIRV engines. Still I don't know if case inducted means bigger cylinder or if the two have nothing to do with each other.

So yeah, can anyone out there fill me in on the Hero Majestic/Yumbo power plants?

The dude who is selling it wants way more than its worth but like I said I just want something to screw around with so I might just buy it and figure it out myself.

Re: Anyone know Yumbo or Hero Majestic mopeds well?

Gurgle gwat?

No one out there is into Hero Majestics or Yumbos?

How is this possible? I always thought they were pretty kickass.

I knew a kid around here who had a Panther that was good for 37mph on the flats bone stock GPS.

Brent Bublitz /

I don't think there was all that much special about these. They were a knock off of a relatively poor design with no performance parts. Not all that exciting to look at. They are something of a sub-prime moped.

That said, if you get one cheap, start building. Anything can be made awesome with enough effort, money and skill. I would not go over $250 for a running ped though.

Yeah I would never pay more than like $100 for a Hero Majestic or a Yumbo.

And yeah they definitely aren't at the top of the moped hill. Thats kind of the attraction in my mind, that everyone has kind of written them off as crap.

As you say there is really no aftermarket, but if the one I am looking at is 60 or 70cc from the factory I can't think of any reason I would be able to make it haul ass.

Thats pretty much what I am trying to figure out because I am trying to avoid pulling the head off in the sellers garage to measure the bore.

they are kinda shitty, but kinda rad for that very reason.

quite a bummer motor, but that just means its just up to you to radify.

Hero mopeds are okay,but not many are fast out of the box.25-30 mph can be a lot of fun though. don-ohio

I had a yumbo that I rebuilt and sold, the motor was like a weird cross between motobecane and peugeot with a av10 style intake and knockoff mikuni.

Three transfers stock, looks like it would fit a peugeot cylinder.

Clutch is shitty hero/solo style.

It had a kickstart but also had decomp and starter clutch.

Also had a stock motobecane cdi.

It ran pretty good, would be pretty fast if you cod variate it, oh yeah and it weighed a TON

I had a yumbo free. It was one of the worst/best bikes ever. Supposedly the kickstart case inducted were the 60cc which mine was. It wasn't very fast for a 60 but it would ride double all day. I beat the shit out of it for a long time before trading it for xbox games.

Overpriced Parts /

Local motorcycle shop was selling these hero nopeds last year. They go a speedy 32 mph with ok take off I guess. (edited)

image.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account