Korado bogs out half-full throttle.

Just picked up a Korado. Ran wonderfully. Then I took it home. Degreased the engine. And later gave it a rinse with the garden hose. Did I dislodge something? I noticed a tube coming from under the Bing 18 carb that leads to nowhere. Also noticed a tiny hole between the two intake bolt holes. Does it feed into here? I'm wondering if fuel is drawn past half throttle by suction of the cylinder? Not too sure. My first Korado. My Maxi is a bit different. It basically bogs out or stall out under higher throttle. All internals of card are tip top, and again, it ran great, until I rinsed the engine. I was careful not to get any water into the air cleaner area or cylinder. I'm puzzled.

Re: Korado bogs out half-full throttle.

You really need to do some reading...

Owners manual gives little to no information. A search with specific keywords on Moped Army yielded no results. Hence the question. I know it must be a simple solution, which is why I thought someone would be willing to at least POINT me in the right direction. I tried.

Post pics of what you are trying to describe

This tube at the bottom here. It's not connected to anything on my Korado. I'm confused. It's been running fine, until I got in there and degreased the engine and washed it. I can't help but think I dislodged something in the process. Maybe just a coincidence.But the symptoms certainly mimic jet problems or improper jet sizing. Past half throttle, it bogs down and almost stalls out. My symptoms are just like this users:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,1916223

There's a 60 main jet in there now.

1274049259_pic_0085.jpg

That could be a vent, it doesn't hook to anything though it might go on airbox to keep water out . Dump out bowel it might have water in it.

Thanks Steve. I already cleaned the card pretty good. I may clean the channels next with a q-tip. Other than that, I'm stumped. Anyone know the factory jet that came pre-installed? There's a 60 in the Bing 18 now.

Can you post a pic of the hole you mentioned between the intake bolt holes?

i found a 17 bing today in my parts pile, that sucker bolted right onto the intake. had to hack away the airfilter hole and a little bit of the body, but it fits in the frame now! i was having a weird bog sometimes right off the line and really erratic behavior in general with that square bing pile of shit. with a homoet 4p bent to fit it does 50 easliy.

Get someone with some knowledge to help before you turn it into a (Basketcase)....If it ain't broke-Don't WASH it...

FYI, it is a 18.14 Bing, so a 14mm carb.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account