Chain problemz on a trike

Wolf Wizard /

So picked up a motron trike for a good price from my man rob K. rear end was bent and cocked to the left. while riding my chain snapped. (lucky me I got hitch hiked back into town (14mi) by some awesome guy in an old bronco) I thought the angle of the back sprocket was putting tension on the chain and kaboom. So I disassembled it all heated it and straightened it. put it back together annnnnnd what the fuck is this why wont the chain go on the rear sprocket? I tried a 415 and 420 now. both bubble on on the sprocket and dont want to sit in the ditches. So I measured today with micrometers. rear one is thicker than a different stock one I had laying around (that the chain warped around perfectly) any ideas on maybe what chain size this needs or what my problem is? teeth are not mushroomed and someone told me the sprocket is welded to the differential on the axle, thanks for any help. I miss riding this fucker.

sprocket is not bent

spun axle, other side

Re: Chain problemz on a trike

The sprocket is not welded to the differential or the axle there are four nuts/bolts on the inside of the brake hub that bolt the brake hub and sprocket to the differential. You may be able to get a new sprocket and chain at Northern Tools they carry the same differential axle and sprockets that are on three wheel moped except there axles are not key and tapped.

To use the rear sprocket you need a #530 chain dude. But then you have the issue of the front sprocket. Not too sure how loose it'd be. I recommend disassembling the rear end and seeing if it truly is welded or bolted. I don't see why they would weld it on...unless some dumbass along the way did so.

Wolf Wizard /

steve which one wouldi need on there? i mean before i buy a chain imgoing to try and put that other rear sprocket on

huh, I bet my sprocket will unbolt too then, neat!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account