Re: Getting my feet wet..

Jonathan R /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

1) PUCH ("pook") is the easiest. HONDA is Honda.

2) Mopeds suck. I hope your job sucks too because your moped will break down and you will be late and get fired and your dad will yell at you and your mom will tell you she wished she'd aborted you your dog will die and your cat will piss on your pillow but that's ok because it will all catch fire when your shitty moped explodes and burns down the house as you try to asphyxiate running it in a closed garage because mopeds have ruined your life.

Honda makes scooters that like start all the time and work even when its raining and shit.

3) Get a torque wrench. My dad gave me his old one from his Karmann Ghia days (before he started yelling). Its hard to be a noob these days as "new" bikes are difficult to come buy, but if that is the way you want to go look for a newer Tomos and learn as you go as its parts eventually fail. Mopeds are fail. Your new moped life will involve a lot of regular preventive maintenance, and then actual maintenance when reality catches up with you and your shitty moped catches fire again. You could build a bike from the frame up, and it would have a pretty stable lifespan of failures, but do you really want to spend the next year figuring out what you need to get, acquisition and installation/modification, and finally tuning which for me is still the most challenging aspect of moped beyond my own lack of fabrication skills. A course would be a good way to learn about the tools you need and how to use them, as well as introduce you to parts you don't have on a moped.

Building it up yourself is most rewarding, but also demands the most investment. Personally, I started by buying running bikes and keeping them running so I have something to ride while I've collected parts and cobbled together this frame-up that I have never ridden. for years. mopeds.

4) I would imagine most places with a sizable moped inventory are actually private residences. Online, there is pretty much just 1977mopeds or some online auctions. Craigslist.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account