Registration in NY

hey guys ive got a sachs g3 im just about to finish working on and i know it can be registered as a class c moped but how do i go about making sure its put in the right classification , is it as easy as marking the "other" box on the registration form and writing down class c moped? i just wanted to see if anyone knew so i could save my self the headache at the dmv! thanks

Re: Registration in NY

DMV determines which class it is by speed, yr, make and model. you don't get to decide. you have to call the state technical service bureau and make sure your ped is on the approved list.

ive seen other g3s under that clasification

Troll Arsenault /

My dmv asks how fast it goes. I say 20 every time. No other questions asked.

Troll Arsenault /

I registered a 2hp magnum as a class c. Been to 2 different dmvs in ny they never look up year make model to determine classs, both dmvs asked me simply, how fast does it go?

Troll Arsenault /

So these 2 are easy to bamboozle, but it may be a differe t story if I got pulled over going 55 on my class c maxi maybe I id have to answer to someone but ive never been hassled and gone by plenty of town police, troopers and sheriff's

blarga flarga /

If you are doing it via salvage title process make damn sure the first time you go down there that you have on the paperwork that it's been in your possession for a minimum of 12 months. God help you if it's been registered in the past few years bc they will run the *VIN* and it'll come up that it's been registered. Then you will have to send a request to albany to get the paperwork sent to you showing who it was yadda yadda yadda. If it was registered and you know the guy save yourself months of time and get him to go to DMV and request repllicate paperwork. No other way around that unless you are willing to wait at least 4 months for Albany. Much easier to go through the Vermont registration process. If you do Vermont, minimum taxable value is $500, not whatever bullshit you put on there for your purchased value.

write 20mph top speed on the MV82 and that will denote the speed. Also, it's likely in their system as Class C. In the CRAZY event that it's not (my Safari was in their system as a Class B) you can run downstairs and get insurance for $80 a year from DairyLand and just...

Va. as of 7/1 requires all mopeds to be registered and tagged so I asked why now? I was told to reduce theft then told them I had no paper work on it. No problem I was told fill out a form and pay the fee and you are good to go. I did buy it in 1980 but it was not required to have anything until now. Only one class moped under 35mph.@$20.25 yearly.

I registered hundreds of mopeds in NY as class C on my say so. They rarely check the list

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account