"Kustom Rocket" - build

Starting my first moped build and going for a '50s custom car theme. Here is the ped I'm starting with... '78 MKII sport.

image.jpg

Re: "Kustom Rocket" - build

I'm in the process of doing the tear down and I will rebuild the ZA motor a long with replacing everything.

In this pic I did a mock up with the bars and grips I will be using.

Rollo Tomassi /

Thank you for not doing a Cafe Racer build

Here is the mock up with the bars and grips

image.jpg

Another Basket case in the works...

Bobby every custom build is a basket case?

Your noobing it up big time. Ditch the ridiculous idea of a "theme." It's a piece of machinery, not a woman's parlor, or a cake.

Here's an idea, just get it going and ride it. Enjoy what you have without making it into a clowncar.

^^^ this

Ok I will not share this build with the forum

Overpriced Parts /

I don't see the rocket

Where is the rocket? Please show it

The jet engine is in the mail

Overpriced Parts /

Joey Hagins Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The jet engine is in the mail

A jet engine is not a rocket both completely different propulsion systems.

Seriously I wanted to see your 50s rocket style you have proposed.

hey keep posting picts. i likely won't build one like yous. but i still like seeing other peoples projects. those guys that dont like it really dont have to look lol

I'll trade you my spoked wheels for your snowflakes. Spokes look more 50s (edited)

Brent Bublitz /

I would not say that I have built a theme bike, but there is no reason to NOT build a theme bike if you want. Go for it. You will find people on here that will hate any idea you have, just build what you want.

Kustom Rocket is just the name.. It won't look like a rocket.

My only rant about this forum is all the members that think they are God's gift to moped building. When in fact the moped scene using the cheapest parts fabricated compared to other custom vehicles scenes. Don't believe me? Go take a look on IG under #metalfab. This scene's motto seems to be "good enough," which is so embarrassingly shoddy, and the majority "builders" don't seem to recognize that their work is embarrassing.

Do I claim to know much about moped.. No that is why I am here to learn as much as I can. An example of the quality of my build work can be seen in this attached pic of the first and only bicycle I ever built. All I had was the frame. I researched a ton on parts, had parts chromed, powder coated and spent tons of time just thinking that bike through. (edited)

image.jpg

I dig that bike and want those forks (edited)

Brent Bublitz /

When it comes to what mechanically will work or not work, the advice here is generally spot on. We see a *lot* of people who ask for mechanical advice, then fail to follow advice and then show up with a blown motor.

When it comes to aesthetics, ignore almost everything people here say, just a bunch of cave painting morons.

Nice bike build, although I kinda hate fixies at this point.

Thank Brent. I built that bike four years ago, and it has 1930's Schwinn Paramount road hubs and has a 1920 skip tooth track cog.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

so you are going to paint it flat black with whitewall tires and dumb handlebars and a bicycle seat?

Nik how did you guess........

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Brent Bublitz /

Eh, got a little of both. I prefer cleaned up with some light custom work. Depends on where you are starting from. If the bike is trashed up, make it what you want. If it's a clean stocker, wax it up and ride.

(edited)

CAM00154[1].jpg
CAM00236_sm.jpg
Garelli.jpg

Princess Rapunzel /

I can appreciate that you put a lot of time and effort into that bicycle, but what is it? You're not going fast on it and it doesn't look comfortable to cruise on.

The bicycle is a 1953 Rollfast.

I WIN. (edited)

Princess Rapunzel /

Dirty Mag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The bicycle is a 1953 Rollfast.

>

>

> I WIN.

I meant more as in what is it for? A showpiece? Something to actually ride?

It was more of a goal I had to build is fixed gear bike using all vintage parts (from 5 different bikes) and make it all come together as one bike. I do ride it from time to time.

I come from the vintage custom car and motorcycle world where you build it the best you can and drive/ride the shit out of it. (edited)

Brent those are some clean and nice rides!

Brent Bublitz /

Thanks!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account