They are everywhere...

Like roaches... these things are everywhere.

Re: They are everywhere...

simon thokaar /

CSK auto parts (murrays, checkers, schucks, kragen) used to sell those for like 250$ on the floor. Used to do all the hvac work at their stores and travel across the country to get to em..

Francis Cronley /

I saw something in a 70s comic book ad that offered a mini bike, similar to that. Where are the brakes? The engine look very unimpressive.

Craigslist is littered with these things. I think you just Fred Flintstone the brakes.

Tony montana /

rear tire scrub brake

Look under "Tote goat"....

Even a stock 5hp engine is enough to get a little bike like that up 30 easy. 30mph feels plenty fast off-road on a tiny bike with no suspension and scrub brakes. Some of the drag minibikes are running like 50hp.

We got a mini bike with a Brigs and Stratton engine on it way back in the mid 1960's. The brake was a piece of steel, and when you pushed on the brake pedal, it pivoted the piece of steel into the rear tire, giving you some semblance of brake action. The thing was a huge POS that broke down everywhere.

Graduated to a Honda Trail 90, which I flogged mercilessly, and it held up like an anvil to my 8 year old abuse.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account