Old Puch Mopeds

Every day for a while I have seen these Puch mopeds for sale on craigslist locally.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/mcy/4525397054.html

I can't bring myself to even reach out to the seller because they look like A LOT more work than I can do, as I have never been any good at body work. Also, I really like the look of the Puch Sabre, but not really this style. I thought I'd share the link if anyone is interested.

Re: Old Puch Mopeds

Man I wish they were closer to me. I'd already own them :)

yeah no shit for $125 theres nothing to think about id just buy it whether i want it or not

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ Joel Bruecker ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ /

Its not a puch sabre. Engine should be easy to rebuild though. The body is a little rough but fuck it. The wheels probably just need new bearings. How else are you going to learn?

Just rebuilt a sabre this winter and it was a piece of cake. If you do buy it, hit up motorwest. Its the last puch parts distributor left in the country. I love going there and looking at all of his twinlges, sabres, and allstates. Just get it and learn some things

I have too many projects as is, plus I don't too much care about that model of moped and if I am not super excited about the final result, I wouldn't have much motivation, especially for a project that long and involved. Someone else swoop it up and make sure to post about your restoration results.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Chas Gantz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Man I wish they were closer to me. I'd already own

> them :)

The missing fan cover will be hard to source, but one good taillight (glass,no cracks) is worth more than $125.

Probably Fred /

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Chas Gantz Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Man I wish they were closer to me. I'd already

> own

> > them :)

>

> The missing fan cover will be hard to source, but

> one good taillight (glass,no cracks) is worth more

> than $125.

125.00 ?

Maybe where you live

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^^^where's deezy? I heard it somewhere.

First odometer on one that I've seen over 10,000 miles on. usually the speedometer cable breaks before then, and ya never know after that. I'm working on getting a couple over 10,000 though.

They're salvage-able, and a great price.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account