Fat guy moped mods

320mm of softly sprung goodness...

and for bonus leg room a moped to no-ped conversion...

Re: Fat guy moped mods

Patrick Keaton /

Bonus leg room ?

Why would you covert a moped to a noped ?

Unless your 6 foot 5 inch or taller,or have a bad leg,you don't need leg room.

I got one that a person did this to,and it is more work for me to make it right.

They got a kick starter on it and made it into a noped,with foot pegs.

Be proud you have a moped.

I hate that "loosey-goosey" feel of pedals. You can never torque your body weight against them properly when your going over a set of train tracks or a pothole, pegs just feel more comfortable for a guy at my weight (245 lbs) (edited)

Patrick Keaton /

I am the other way. I do not like my legs in a stationary siting position where they can not move.Post a picture of you siting on it so it can be seen what it looks like with weight on it. I hope it comes down with weight on it.

Overpriced Parts /

did you cut the pedal shaft?

Is it legal where you are now?

sliced it right off.

(I couldn't get the bolt holding the pedal arm to come loose after 20 minutes of trying)

The air box is modded

yeah, cops here only care if your moped is properly plated/insured/inspected and if its too loud.

lol, you cut the pedal shaft just so you could make it a noped. good work!!!

Stupid guy moped mods

Carlos Spicy Wiener /

Now all you need is a hammer and you can upjet!

I may need to do this to my ttlx now too. Tall bitch on a tiny bike = need more leg room for those long rides.

Overpriced Parts /

Lance Campeau Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The air box is modded

Right I know but it's still way worse/restrictive

Like night and day.

Comfort is king.

Re: Stupid guy moped mods

Ah... well then you're gonna love this...

I appreciate that this guy wont stand still for not having the available parts.

I think I would have modded the bowl instead of beveling every jet but He might not have a flat end mill bit.

Good video as always

FUCKING LANCE CAMPEAU!!! BACK IN THE GAME!

any Tomos can be fixed using some or all of the following...

- zip ties

- angle grinder

- video camera

- bi-turbo pipe

@Lance~ Bailing wire, beer cans and plumbers tape work just as well , don't believe me ? ask my G-3 ...

Patrick Keaton /

When in that situation you drill the bolt out when all else fails,but the moped age is at least 37 years old before drilling is required.2O minutes is all the time you could allow before you sliced it off.Do you not own a drill and drill bits ? Does any person reading this now know of a person that has done this before ? I hope you keep this the rest of your life,because you have devalued this,if you try to sell it. Did you think about soaking it in Penetrating oil ? If so, penetrating oil requires more than 20 minutes to soak.I have not read the posts under this,so some of this may have been answered or asked.I wanted to reply straight away to let you know my distaste in your action.Haste makes waste.

Patrick Keaton /

You might want to add a drill and drill bits to your list.

Nice post Lance, dont worry about the pedals,

To all moped owners worried about value...

Mopeds ain't valuable.

(edited)

Patrick Keaton /

Mopeds have value.

If they have no value,why are they heisted so often.

All mopeds are,or will,be an antique,one day and when you die,if you do not sell it before then ,the person who gets your Tomos will most likely not be pleased with what you have done to it

Patrick Keaton /

I hope Lance looses sleep over this.

Brent Bublitz /

Shaving off the pedal shaft seems like a pretty stupid fucking thing to do. I can get *any* pedal arm off without having to cut the shaft. Jesus. Ever occur to you to just cut the pedal arm?

Upjet with a hammer!

Carlos Spicy Wiener /

How about a new racer intake? Just cut a hole in the tank to make it fit. Bet it'll run with those jersey boys no problem!

They whole idea was to not have the inside of my left ankle get chewed up by an akwardly placed pedal shaft...

Re: Upjet with a hammer!

Carlos gets it...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account