sottering

VespaCIAO /

I broke a wire inside my magnetto. I sottered it back to another new wire to connect to the outside of the engine, since this extravanganza I havent gotten a spark of ANY size or consistency. Could this be grounding out on the engine inside the magneto? What could be the problem? Can I put electrical tape in the engine with no problems?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

VespaCIAO

Re: sottering

make sure you soldered it back in the place where it broke off. where exactly DID it break off from, reply back & let me know, then i can help you out more, i love working on electrics.

-Garret

Is this the Ciao magneto ? I had the red wire from the points to the LT coil short out by touching the metal back. It melted the insulation and the wire broke in half. I soldered the wire together and taped it with black electrical tape and it's fine now. Maybe if the wire is too close to other parts you'll get arcing. bruce

VespaCIAO /

Yes it is on the CIAO. The wire actually broke at the connector on the outside of the engine, I wanted to have a longer wire so I cut it and sottered inside the engine so that it could and would be longer.

Thanks

VespaCIAO

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account