Add to the collection

I nabbed this Pacer today for $45. This is the least I have spent on a moped so far.

Pacersmall.jpg

Re: Add to the collection

Good looking bike, is she a runner? Even if not can't beat the price!

Not yet. It turns over well and seems to have good compression. I am going to do the typical bike out of storage things, tank clean, carb clean, new plug, etc. Also it needs some brake and throttle and speedo cables but nothing too terrible. Hopefully that will get it going again.

Also, it doesn't have a title. I found a VIN number on the neck. Pacer is on the seat cover and Morino Franco Motori is on the engine. Is Pacer the make or model name?

Patrick Keaton /

Pacer is the make.

Overpriced Parts /

Very fast for a stock moped if 30 mph model

I had one for while that went almost 40mph with fast take off

I looked it over yesterday, and its missing some important hardware (like a shock bolt, and a bolt for the top of one of the fork tubes) so I am going to have to make an Ace Hardware Trip. Also, the kick stand will steady the bike, but it won't keep the tire off the ground. Am I missing a spring or something?

Ok, so Pacer is the make, what is the model called? Any idea of a vintage guess?

nicepaint

hardware's easy. thats a killer score

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've never had luck with an Italian kickstand, V1 and M01 motored.

The support on the stand is probably bent. Bend it back or add some longer feet to the kick.

Double Trouble Dan /

This page should be most of what you need to know.

http://www.myronsmopeds.com/category/parts/italian-moped-parts/

nice score.

some center stands don't give much lift. put a 1by4 piece of wood under it while working on it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account