Has anyone done this?

Has anyone put a torque converter that people use on go karts and mini bikes such as this one onto a single speed moped like a puch e50 or something, I just remembered that these existed and immediately thought "hey what if I put one of these on my moped" just curious

Re: Has anyone done this?

Considering that the e50 has a wet internal clutch, no.

i mean, add-on variator. i know people talk about it fairly often, dunno if anyone's actually done it.

πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– /

That is made for a 3 hp minimum engine. It's heavy steel and 5/8" shaft. I guess if you think you have enough power to activate it then go for it. I bet it snaps the crank if you do get it to work.

I have been meaning to do this for a long time.

I donot think anyone has done it yet

the torque and tuning parameters for them are way off from moped spec.

most of those things are 'all in' by 3000 rpm, moped stuff doesn't even start to variate until 5-6000

If they variate early as Motzing points out you may be able to power it off the counter shaft on a Puch rather than have to do away with the Puch gear reduction that would be omitted for the tuning of a moped style var

yea, i think you could make it work, but even the cheap ones are more money than i wanna put into mediocre gains where more usable improvements can be made much more simply and inexpensively

HOWEVER I also regard ingenuity much more highly than bolting shit on. i'd love to see it done. i'm more than likely not going to do it myself tho

those comet torq a verters are total shit

these are heavier duty and made for 2 stroke engines my buddy has one on his motorized bike and it works great a bit cheaper too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CVT-Transmission-without-cover-for-X-2-X-8-Pocket-bikes-2-stroke-/160870749940?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2574a4d6f4&vxp=mtr

πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– /

Way heavy!

Spend $300 and let us know

That looks pretty good Moped Jay

i gutta get one for my friends daughters pocket bike and see how well it works with the honda gx31 mini 4 stroke

as dumb as it is the she loves it so i need to fix it so it runs and safe cant say no to an 8 year old girl that has a really hot mommy

Yes sir :D

« Go to Topics β€” end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account